Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Voting For Romney
I'm Voting For Romney
After reassessing my views on my "Americans, Do Not Vote" thread, it seems that I am going about things the wrong way. You guys are right: Obama is the better candidate, and Romney would surely screw things up. That's just it, though. He would leave America in shambles! That's exactly what we need to shock the public into having a revolution of sorts. In order for them to truly realize our political quagmire, they must first be awakened. Once they are ruined by the current establishment, the public will rebel, causing a shift in values. This shift will allow the population to gain a new perspective needed for positive change.

Therefore, I will do my small part and vote for Romney.

I know I sound a little extreme, but Americans need a wake up call. Sometimes, a little destruction is needed, before things can be rebuilt.

Who is with me?
RE: I'm Voting For Romney
Okay... I don't 100% disagree with you on the revolution front. We need a serious wake up call, ah, what's that sound? it sounds like a perfectly good opportunity that was squandered by the Bush administration in the wake of 9/11?!?!?!! I'll place it at an 75% disagreement on revolution. I live close to DC. I like my house. I'd prefer if the revolution took place somewhere where my kids wouldn't be in the line of fire. Personal preservation kicks in. I don't want people rioting in the streets and burning down buildings so near to my home. But the way things currently are is not sustainable.
(October 29, 2012 at 2:49 am)festive1 Wrote: I'd prefer if the revolution took place somewhere where my kids wouldn't be in the line of fire. Personal preservation kicks in. I don't want people rioting in the streets and burning down buildings so near to my home. But the way things currently are is not sustainable.

You present a good point, here. I don't "want" a revolution either, but we need one. Just think: things will get worse if we do not preempitvely act. If that requires us to have a revolution, then so be it. As you said, our present state won't cut it. It just so happens that the chaos caused by revolution is milder than the chaos caused by the eventual collapse and ruin of our system's unsustainable practices.
I see your point, but my children... Believe me, I hate our system, loathe it, actually. If I didn't have kids, I'd be right there with you rioting in the streets. But it's the only system we've got. If we could just work within the system to get money and big business out of politics, I think we'd be okay. I think there's still a more peaceful way.
Ironically, I've heard some republicans discuss voting for Obama to try to do the same thing.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(October 29, 2012 at 3:49 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Ironically, I've heard some republicans discuss voting for Obama to try to do the same thing.

I hope not.
Worst reasons to vote for Romney. Vote for him because you like his policies and no other reason.

The power of the President is vastly overstated too. More ire should be aimed at congress.
(October 29, 2012 at 4:45 am)5thHorseman Wrote: Vote for him because you like his policies and no other reason.

Why? Can you explain your position?

"Wake me up before you go - go."

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 29, 2012 at 2:34 am)Spectrum Wrote: After reassessing my views on my "Americans, Do Not Vote" thread, it seems that I am going about things the wrong way. You guys are right: Obama is the better candidate, and Romney would surely screw things up. That's just it, though. He would leave America in shambles! That's exactly what we need to shock the public into having a revolution of sorts. In order for them to truly realize our political quagmire, they must first be awakened. Once they are ruined by the current establishment, the public will rebel, causing a shift in values. This shift will allow the population to gain a new perspective needed for positive change.

Therefore, I will do my small part and vote for Romney.

I know I sound a little extreme, but Americans need a wake up call. Sometimes, a little destruction is needed, before things can be rebuilt.

Who is with me?

This is a big part of why I voted for Obama last time. If Romney is elected this time my strategy will have been successful.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1025 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Compulsory Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 132 10004 December 28, 2022 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 936 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5961 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Attack on voting Spongebob 103 6772 August 18, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The electors are voting right now. Gawdzilla Sama 18 1124 December 15, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3571 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 802 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1722 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  The new voting block onlinebiker 2 338 February 19, 2020 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye