Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California keeps death penalty.
California keeps death penalty.
This is something I was realy looking forward to happen and now I`m quite disapointed.
Proposition 34, which was put on the Californian ballot, was defeated by 52% saying no and 47% saying yes.
I oppose the death penalty and would have wished that Californians would have voted differently.

source: http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Ca...ive_(2012)
RE: California keeps death penalty.
Well, they can't let Texas have all the fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
We also undid the ridiculous three strikes law bullshit that allowed a third strike to be ANY criminal action.

Now, like the first two strikes, you have to commit a violent or serious felony to get a third.

This should cut down on the "stole a sandwich" third strike convictions.

REF: http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Ca...%282012%29
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
The Third Strikes Prop is not as good as it sounds though, there are contradictory loopholes. It did not even try to hide it. So it really does not fix the issue about life sentences for drug issues.

"Continues to impose a life sentence penalty if the third strike conviction was for "certain non-serious, non-violent sex or drug offenses or involved firearm possession". "
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Quote:The Third Strikes Prop is not as good as it sounds though, there are contradictory loopholes. It did not even try to hide it.

I agree, the concept of the Third Strike Law is flawed. The aim of the justice system should be to try and correct criminal behavior, not to sentence people to an indefinitely long sentence.
(November 10, 2012 at 9:39 am)Kirbmarc Wrote:
Quote:The Third Strikes Prop is not as good as it sounds though, there are contradictory loopholes. It did not even try to hide it.

I agree, the concept of the Third Strike Law is flawed. The aim of the justice system should be to try and correct criminal behavior, not to sentence people to an indefinitely long sentence.

That sort of depends on if your livelihood revolves around incarceration. You know prison guard lobbyists would think differently and their pockets just get deeper as we throw more and more people away.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting Turn of Events in California Minimalist 25 3080 May 12, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Argument against the death penalty by a r-wing conservative Catholic_Lady 0 690 December 6, 2016 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Death Penalty Vote brewer 55 9129 October 12, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  And The Press Keeps Doing Its Job Minimalist 3 928 June 30, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: abaris
  University of California microaggrssions list Lemonvariable72 18 6013 September 2, 2015 at 11:42 pm
  Views on the Death Penalty? (a poll) Catholic_Lady 171 23342 July 9, 2015 at 10:20 am
  Debunking pro-death penalty arguments Dystopia 2 2064 January 2, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  Big Brother Keeps Getting Bigger. Minimalist 18 1798 November 3, 2014 at 8:20 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  The DEATH Penalty Chad32 85 12193 January 21, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Chad32
  California Female Inmates Sterilized thesummerqueen 19 6894 July 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Psykhronic