Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Brother Keeps Getting Bigger.
Big Brother Keeps Getting Bigger.
http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index....ncart_2box

Quote:Huntsville schools paid $157,000 to former FBI agent, social media monitoring led to 14 expulsions

So, IOW, when kids mouth off and brag on FB (as kids are prone to do) this fuckhead is reporting them and the district expels them.

Oh, and 12 of the 14 were black. It's Alabama. Why am I not surprised.
RE: Big Brother Keeps Getting Bigger.
Their monitoring them outside of school Confusedhock:
Hence the title of the thread.
I hate idioms
I am not a conspiracy theorist...but this stuff is real. Watch what you put in writing ANYWHERE
Read the article and got the impression some of those expelled posted pix of themselves brandishing firearms.

Not sure I'd want to let any kid that brazen anywhere near a public school. I wouldn't stop at expulsion either, I'd like to see BOTH parents prosecuted for whatever is applicable.
(November 2, 2014 at 6:09 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Read the article and got the impression some of those expelled posted pix of themselves brandishing firearms.

Not sure I'd want to let any kid that brazen anywhere near a public school. I wouldn't stop at expulsion either, I'd like to see BOTH parents prosecuted for whatever is applicable.
Except that hunting in states is common sport and people in these states are often taught about responsible handling of firearms as teenagers. I first started handling guns at about 14-15.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
It's Alabama. Everybody has a gun.

If you bring it to school you deserve to be expelled. If you wave it around your own home where does the school district get jurisdiction for anything?
Article noted gang symbolism too, not sure how many teen deer hunters feel a gang affiliation is important to intimidate the deer.

I'm wondering if any of the pictures were similar to what Derek Schlessinger posted from Iraq, much to his mother's horror . . . . .
Nor are we likely to see them. However, this precursor story (link at the bottom of the original) suggests that there was much bullshit being dished out in Huntsville.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09...ed_stories

Quote:HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A secret program to monitor students' online activities began quietly in Huntsville schools, following a phone call from the NSA, school officials say.

Except:

Quote:The NSA, a U.S. agency responsible for foreign intelligence, this week said it has no record of a call to Huntsville and does not make calls to school systems.

It might just be me but it seems that someone is full of shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1292 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Bigger Problem Than Trump DeistPaladin 15 731 September 15, 2020 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Bringing out the big guns. onlinebiker 24 1629 August 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1670 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Find out how much you're getting screwed... Jehanne 112 20171 April 11, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Who is the bigger idiot? Trump or his supporters? GODZILLA 17 1680 March 31, 2018 at 10:03 am
Last Post: henryp
  A WLB Supporter And Every Bit As Big A Pig Minimalist 1 474 January 12, 2018 at 4:15 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Mila Kunis Gets A Big Fat Bucket Of Cool Points BrianSoddingBoru4 0 488 November 3, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Amusing - Pence Not A Big Draw Minimalist 8 1768 October 21, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4780 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope