Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists aren't always intelligent or reasonable or rational
Atheists aren't always intelligent or reasonable or rational
This guy proves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdNa8CthOAw

Seriously, is he actually using statistics from NOM? Really?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Atheists aren't always intelligent or reasonable or rational
He says "pro-gay atheists" are stupid because:

1.) They claim nothing is wrong with homosexuals. And
2.) They support evolution.

He refutes the possibility of homosexuality being natural and normal on the grounds of sexual attraction coming about because of the necessity of reproduction. He then goes on to say that evolution is the reason why gays exist, essentially as evolutionary errors.

(Says atheists are stupid for believing in evolution, and proceeds to argue against atheists using his own beliefs in evolution)

Inconsistency and incompetence in the religious is easy to come by...
Atheist does not equal intelligent, unfortunately.. Tongue

And BTW, welcome. TheSaganite! *waves*
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, Saganite!

And yeah, this dude is...wow, man. I've seen some stupidity but on that level? Not recently!
Go to a "anti - capitalist\globalisation" demonstration. Meet the nutty marxist block, be drowned in stupidity.

I knew a marxist student group in Munich centerd around students in the Munich uni, in which almoust every member kept a "gulag list" for the purpose, that when they were "in power", the people on that list should be "reeducated". And yes they were all atheists - otherwise you would probably end up on the "gulag list".
What a fucking idiot.

The anti-gay argument of "sexual attraction" for procreation is invalid now. I'm pretty sure there is enough people on this Earth by now. I'm also pretty sure we can't feed them all.
Thank you YouTube for giving every moronic asshole a soapbox to preach from.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That's something I've been saying all along, the difference is that this guy can't excuse himself with the big fairy in the sky.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8pR1rYs6x7kzuKVKfVTl...4RB2j7jNRg]
I am sorry, but I think he is on the same level as Drich, GC and Catfish.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
This man is gay, for 100% sure.Cool Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paschal's Wager re-formulated mathematically: why being Christian is Rational. Nishant Xavier 59 3415 August 6, 2023 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Family is always asking me to come to religious celebrations Tomatoshadow2 25 1833 April 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35418 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  "Why is it reasonable to believe in prisons, but not in the hell?" FlatAssembler 124 8011 February 19, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2339 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7039 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3437 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3971 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Why do neo marxist professors always wear 50s glasses, isnt it racist? Demi92 14 2829 July 7, 2018 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Joods
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet