Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's right (wrong?) with me?
Tongue 
What's right (wrong?) with me?
Sorry if this is the wrong board.

It just occurred to me that I haven't really been sick in years which I find rather strange. I haven't had a cold or a sore throat in nearly 4 years. I haven't vomited in over 8 years. Really the only thing I've had is a light headache once and in a while which is usually when I haven't slept enough or didn't get enough caffeine.

What's right/wrong with me? Is this normal?

As a kid and all through teens I got bad colds several times a year. I remember vomiting more than a few times. I had bronchitis once. But then 4 years ago it all just stopped.

I can't think of anything in my diet that might be the reason. Very spicy foods I eat almost everyday. I am very obsessive compulsive about washing my hands regularly.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: What's right (wrong?) with me?
The Universe is compensating on me...
Only in these past few years have I really suffered from colds, flues, sore throats, conjunctivitis, broken foot... oh boy!
(December 15, 2012 at 4:43 pm)pocaracas Wrote: The Universe is compensating on me...
Only in these past few years have I really suffered from colds, flues, sore throats, conjunctivitis, broken foot... oh boy!

Don't get any closer! You're going to ruin my winning streak.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
You have a very good immune system.
Have you seen the movie Unbreakable? I think it's a valid hypothesis that you may actually be a superhero. Does it hurt when you punch yourself in the face?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Spicy foods apparently clear colds/help keep them away (very probably pseudoscience). How much alcohol you drink and how much sleep you get as well as your vitamin C intake will also have an affect.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(December 15, 2012 at 5:27 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Have you seen the movie Unbreakable? I think it's a valid hypothesis that you may actually be a superhero. Does it hurt when you punch yourself in the face?

Quick, Tegh, punch yourself in the face. It's the only way to know.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(December 15, 2012 at 5:39 pm)Annik Wrote:
(December 15, 2012 at 5:27 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Have you seen the movie Unbreakable? I think it's a valid hypothesis that you may actually be a superhero. Does it hurt when you punch yourself in the face?

Quick, Tegh, punch yourself in the face. It's the only way to know.

Thanks everyone! Now I'm going to have to explain to everyone that I "fell" and that I don't have an abusive self.
My ignore list

There are 7 billion people on earth.

There are certain limitations to humans as far as; health, strength, fitness, intelligence, etc. Within those human limitations, there are an endless variety of variations for these.

You happen to be on the high end of immunity to common illnesses. There are people that will be on the low end.

I usually get one cold a year. Hardly ever get the flu, maybe once every 5 years. This despite being on immuno- suppressive drugs due to an organ transplant.

There is nothing wrong or right with you. You're just being a human.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
I'd be willing to wager that you've been sick. You just don't remember it (but if we played it back, NFL replay style, we could all watch you act like a moany bitch - like people do- when they're sick). If you've managed 8 years without coming down with - something- you need to surrender your body to science amigo, you'll be the most important thing that's ever happened to humanity. If all you've got is 8 years without vommitting..well....I drink about a handle a night and can't remember the last time I yakked...so...get in line.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution "fails" AKA "where god seems to have got it wrong" Duty 44 2130 February 6, 2022 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What's wrong with Japanese Dogs? purplepurpose 14 1341 July 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  This is just wrong brewer 59 7287 December 22, 2016 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Darwin Proven Wrong? sswhateverlove 165 22104 September 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Evolution 'proved' wrong BlackSwordsman 46 6995 June 20, 2014 at 7:13 am
Last Post: vodkafan
  Did Darwin get it wrong? Zone 20 4609 September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Brian37