Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution 'proved' wrong
Evolution 'proved' wrong
So I was reading this article and am not very knowledgeable on the subject so does anyone have any thing to say about it, help me better understand evolution and why it is or isn't correct.
[Image: 2jcyf5t.jpg]
RE: Evolution 'proved' wrong
You're fucking joking, right?

From the article:
Quote:If natural selection were true, Eskimos would have fur to keep warm, but they don't.

Do you really expect me to take any of this seriously?
(May 30, 2014 at 9:09 pm)Cato Wrote: You're fucking joking, right?

From the article:
Quote:If natural selection were true, Eskimos would have fur to keep warm, but they don't.

Do you really expect me to take any of this seriously?

Surely not, but there seems to be alot of people trying to debate evolution.
(May 30, 2014 at 9:21 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: Surely not, but there seems to be alot of people trying to debate evolution.

What they do is not remotely considered debate.

They merely ramble nonsensically.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 30, 2014 at 9:21 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: Surely not, but there seems to be alot of people trying to debate evolution.

There's a lot of people who believe in god, doesn't mean they're anywhere near being right.
(May 30, 2014 at 9:24 pm)Napoléon Wrote:

There's a lot of people who believe in god, doesn't mean they're anywhere near being right.

I noticed that, but the first link that I got was from this site, which said it could prove evolution false without using the bible
You're on the fucking "United Church of God" website. The fuck. You actually think this is the right place to be looking at information about evolution?
(May 30, 2014 at 9:29 pm)Napoléon Wrote: You're on the fucking "United Church of God" website. The fuck. You actually think this is the right place to be looking at information about evolution?

Didn't even notice that! i saw UCG didn't get the meaning. my bad.

Rephrasing the question: Can evolution be disproved?
(May 30, 2014 at 9:33 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote: Rephrasing the question: Can evolution be disproved?

Can any theory be disproved?
(May 30, 2014 at 9:33 pm)BlackSwordsman Wrote:
(May 30, 2014 at 9:29 pm)Napoléon Wrote: You're on the fucking "United Church of God" website. The fuck. You actually think this is the right place to be looking at information about evolution?

Didn't even notice that! i saw UCG didn't get the meaning. my bad.

Rephrasing the question: Can evolution be disproved?

Theoretically, yes. If a theory which better explains and predicts the available data comes along, sure. Hard to imagine how anything radically different than evolution could accomplish that. More likely refinements will continue, but nothing major.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution "fails" AKA "where god seems to have got it wrong" Duty 44 2129 February 6, 2022 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What's wrong with Japanese Dogs? purplepurpose 14 1341 July 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  This is just wrong brewer 59 7283 December 22, 2016 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Darwin Proven Wrong? sswhateverlove 165 22104 September 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Did Darwin get it wrong? Zone 20 4609 September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30320 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Tongue What's right (wrong?) with me? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 2319 December 15, 2012 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger