Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's help the "conservatives" fix the Bible.
Let's help the "conservatives" fix the Bible.
Apparently the Bible was translated by liberals and is full of liberal biases.

Let's help them fix it! Here I will start it.

John 8:3-8: 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let he without sin cast the first stone.” Then Jesus picked up a great big rock.
RE: Let's help the "conservatives" fix the Bible.
That passage likely isn't original to the book of John.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Interesting to note that the "Law of Moses" commanded the man to be present too. Where was HE?
(December 18, 2012 at 10:00 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: That passage likely isn't original to the book of John.

That's what the liberals -- who are part of the conspiracy and put all of that liberal bias into the Bible -- want you to believe!! Don't be fooled!

[Image: jesus-rile.jpg]

(December 18, 2012 at 10:09 pm)catfish Wrote: Interesting to note that the "Law of Moses" commanded the man to be present too. Where was HE?

Good question.

Hopefully no Jews still follow that "Law of Moses"!
(December 18, 2012 at 10:00 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: That passage likely isn't original to the book of John.

The insane thing is that the Conservative Bible doesn't include the passage, but mainly because Jesus' being compassionate is out of character for Jesus. I'm not kidding; it's really their rationale. Not even because it's problematic for not being original.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Yes they have "evidence" that chapter 8 in the book of John was not original and was added in later -- by liberals! So they are talking about deleting it altogether.

Check out how Conservapedia "fixed" Luke 23:34.

Original: Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Conservapedia's translation : They divided His clothes, and gambled for them.
Liberal or conservative bible who the f cares, still doesn't make magic babies being born with magic godsperm or magically surviving rigor mortis real.

It is a book of myth, OT, NT, CT, VA, OH, FL No matter who printed it or what version or where it was printed, it is STILL a book of myth.
Quote:Original: Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

You have to understand that in the trailer parks of Mississippi "raiment" is not a big word.

They seem to be dumbing the thing down for their current group of "followers."

I imagine that in 20 years they'll be reduced to:

"See jesus run.
Run, jesus, run.
Jesus has a cat."
(December 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Original: Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

You have to understand that in the trailer parks of Mississippi "raiment" is not a big word.

They seem to be dumbing the thing down for their current group of "followers."

I imagine that in 20 years they'll be reduced to:

"See jesus run.
Run, jesus, run.
Jesus has a cat."

They are dumbing it down. But I think that it's funny that the "Christians" swear to be followers of the Jesus of the Bible, but at the same time they don't like that he was so damn forgiving.

Maybe the Bible is going to change and Jesus is going to become more of a vigilante. Rather than going around helping the poor and caring for the sick -- and forgiving all of the losers -- Jesus and his disciples will focus on killing people that they don't like, or approve of, and fighting wars.

Charity and forgiveness is boring compared to vigilantism. Men love war!

(December 20, 2012 at 10:07 am)Brian37 Wrote: Liberal or conservative bible who the f cares, still doesn't make magic babies being born with magic godsperm or magically surviving rigor mortis real.

It is a book of myth, OT, NT, CT, VA, OH, FL No matter who printed it or what version or where it was printed, it is STILL a book of myth.

Don't worry I am an atheist. I was joking earlier about the liberal conspiracy. What is scary is that some people really believe it -- or at least they see it as an opportunity to make some money.
Quote:Maybe the Bible is going to change and Jesus is going to become more of a vigilante.

Even better for the fuckwads....

[Image: gijesus.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44135 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2679 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Let's see how many apologetics take the bait Joods 127 18306 July 16, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 9861 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1903 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let me get this straight... dyresand 92 16051 October 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Hell.. so yeah let's fact check dyresand 6 2274 September 1, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Let's get the fact's straight dyresand 74 11436 July 10, 2015 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Question Why did God let people think demons cause epilepsy? Razzle 34 7684 May 22, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Drich
  Let's Give The Muslims A Day Off Minimalist 60 9593 April 7, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam