Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is life for you
How is life for you
Hey fellows, I was wondering that what you think about your life without any concept of God. This is your life and you are free to chose the way you ant to live. In our text books and during our education period we heard a lot of time about God. Do you think that it is normal and is that the way to live as you are living your life now. Feel free to share your thoughts.
RE: How is life for you
(January 10, 2013 at 5:40 am)Terry Wrote: Hey fellows, I was wondering that what you think about your life without any concept of God. This is your life and you are free to chose the way you ant to live. In our text books and during our education period we heard a lot of time about God. Do you think that it is normal and is that the way to live as you are living your life now. Feel free to share your thoughts.

God is like that girl I had a crush on during highschool:

We never got intimate..
(January 10, 2013 at 5:40 am)Terry Wrote: Hey fellows, I was wondering that what you think about your life without any concept of God. This is your life and you are free to chose the way you ant to live. In our text books and during our education period we heard a lot of time about God. Do you think that it is normal and is that the way to live as you are living your life now. Feel free to share your thoughts.

We have the gist of the concept of god(or gods) from what believers tell us, its just that we don't find any evidence to believe such a being exists.

Other than that, I lead a pretty much normal life, I like working, being with the family and fret about bills just like anyone else.
+1 LastPoet. I have a fully working understanding of a wide variety of god hypotheses, I just don't believe in any of them and haven't been offered any such hypotheses with evidence that could convince me of the truth of their existence. Further, I actively claim the non-existence of a great number of those gods and politically oppose many religious organisations.

I think it's completely normal to live one's life free of superstitious nonsense.
Sum ergo sum
What's a god?

Seriously, though, if it wasn't for me being a member of a number of atheist forums online, and the barrage of religiously based information I recieve daily for my PhD research, I'd probably never think about any religions at all (I don't think about any gods at all, ever).
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

The only time i heard about god during education was in religious classes, not in maths science english physical education history or art.

Its difficult to say how my life is now without any concept of god, if i was to compare my life now to a life i might lead with a concept of god then that would depend on which of the hundreds of fictional gods.
I dont know if the way i lead my life is normal because on an international basis i dont know what a normal life is, statisticly speaking im pretty sure its normal to live a life of poverty, in fact statisticly speaking most people are dead so in that aspect for now im abnormal.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Basicaly,

I just wait for death.
(January 10, 2013 at 8:50 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Basicaly,

I just wait for death.

Do not forget the life part, my friend.

I'm content with who I am. I'm happier, healthier than I was before, and I am working of being an even more compassionate and productive person.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Quote: In our text books and during our education period we heard a lot of time about God.

Written and spoken by con men who have no more knowledge of "god" than you do.
I generally spend a lot of time just being me. I've put a lot of effort into the project, in fact you could say I've made it my life's work - so far, anyway. After some forty-odd years I think I may finally have a vague idea of who and what 'me' is, though it wouldn't surprise me in the least if I turned out to be something completely different.

I'm not convinced that my life would be/have been any better with a god concept installed. Probably worse, actually, considering that I know the backstory of me better than anyone, the circles in which I move (in a mysterious way) and such concepts would have been ludicrously out of place in my background. I try to imagine my life with this god stuff running like some malicious spyware, bypassing my evidence filter and downloading no end of useless, damaging crap. And I shudder.

As to whether living without "God" is normal, I'd say that was down to the individual. However, to me it's normal to see the Universe as it really is rather than paint a face on it, get down on one's knees and wish things were arranged so as to suit oneself.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you're pro-life, how far do you take that? robvalue 147 13727 August 10, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2829 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12448 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7876 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath 15 6291 October 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Jackalope