Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Warez
What is Warez
I heard that some people use warez to bypass purchasing of software and computer. How do you use warez and where can I get/download/buy it? How do we use warez to use software free? Is it legal?

I am still new to computers so hoping someone can help me here.
RE: What is Warez
Is it legal? No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez

You're welcome. Next time, WDYFGI?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(January 16, 2013 at 8:22 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Is it legal? No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez

You're welcome. Next time, WDYFGI?

Thanks.
I am still new to these computer things so all help is welcome.
Quote:Warez refers primarily to copyrighted works distributed without fees or royalties, and may be traded, in general violation of copyright law. The term generally refers to unauthorized releases by organized groups, as opposed to file sharing between friends or large groups of people with similar interest using a darknet. It usually does not refer to commercial software counterfeiting. This term was initially coined by members of the various computer underground circles, but has since become commonplace among Internet users and the mass media.

Jesus would be disappointed in you.

Then again.....

[Image: epic-fail-photos-bros-jesus-is-very-very...eople4.jpg]
Not planning to use warez to use software, just curious. I was wondering how people can use warez to use software which is not usually free. Guess its illegal.
We're not Google.

Do your own searches.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
warez is not only for software... it's a term applied to download any kind of copyrighted file using the http protocol (meaning software, video, audio, games, images, etc downloaded directly by your browser).
Some time ago, you had emule, shazam, napster, etc... those came under some fire so ended up abandoned (although I recently heard that some people still use emule).
Then came torrents... which have the problem of leaving your IP attached to the files your sharing...
To most anonymous alternative is then warez.
(January 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm)pocaracas Wrote:

And even all the way back in the 1980's and the blistering speeds of the Commodore 64 we had warez. They were just either distributed by floppy disk and photocopying instructions, or uploading text files and transferring files at the blistering rate of 300 baud.
Warez have been around as long as computers have, the media in which they are transmitted are the only difference.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
(January 16, 2013 at 8:48 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: We're not Google.

Do your own searches.

A google search would of actually been quite beneficial in this instance.
(January 17, 2013 at 9:41 pm)Anymouse Wrote:
(January 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm)pocaracas Wrote:

And even all the way back in the 1980's and the blistering speeds of the Commodore 64 we had warez. They were just either distributed by floppy disk and photocopying instructions, or uploading text files and transferring files at the blistering rate of 300 baud.
Warez have been around as long as computers have, the media in which they are transmitted are the only difference.
indeed... but clearly you didn't use the almighty Sinclair's ZX Spectrum.... floppys? LOL. it used these things:
[Image: 6a00d83452464869e2017c3499a94e970b-pi]

And sounded like this:

copying a game was a simple task of copying the tape... sound IS data!