Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who’s been a naughty cyclist?
Who’s been a naughty cyclist?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyFmxusB9E

"He should be stripped of ALL his titles and from this day on, Buzz Aldrin should be recognized as the first man to walk on the moon." Link

ROFLOL

Arrogant prick. I feel sorry for anyone who believed him.
RE: Who’s been a naughty cyclist?
From a guy who has supported, tested, used, and made hacks for Broodwar, I've learned this -- cheating is endemic and the only guard against that is catching it before it yields returns.

Once one makes real gains from cheating alone, it is nigh impossible to persuade others not to take that easy way out.

The only way to really stop it is to catch it in the cradle.

To be honest, who has Lance Armstrong really harmed?

I can think of hundreds, nay, thousands of things that people really should be enraged over, not some easy to solve cheating scandal
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(January 18, 2013 at 2:01 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I can think of hundreds, nay, thousands of things that people really should be enraged over, not some easy to solve cheating scandal

Its just the latest bandwagon for everyone to hop aboard.
Let'em cheat openly.
I want to see how fast a man can go.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 18, 2013 at 2:29 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Let'em cheat openly.
I want to see how fast a man can go.

Yeah. I'm cool with seeing a guy break 4 seconds in the 100 meters just to explode at the end. Would make for some good TV too.
Ew. I hate the word naughty in this context.

I think he's a bit of a douche. A lot of people looked up to him. However, I don't care that much. He's the one who will reap the health repercussions.
I don't like this sort of thing. I admit I do not know every detail, but the bodies in-charge of cycling it is known have turned a blind eye to drugs in their sports for a very long time. It is not just this individual that took drugs but it was widespread among top competitors. It now seems in recognising there was a problem in cycling, all the blame is being pointed at one individual, blame it all on one man and sweep the rest under the carpet.

His problem was that he was better than all the other cyclists on drugs, so he won everything, not that he took more than anyone else.

Isn't it lovely once again first in the queue to throw the stones at a scapegoat is our cristard friend.
[Image: signiture_zps1665b542.gif]
(January 18, 2013 at 4:12 am)Aractus Wrote: Who’s been a naughty cyclist?

I am a cyclist, and I am very, very naughty. Does that count?

But seriously, Armstrong's doping in itself couldn't not have damaged the sport cycling anymore than the doping that was done by everyone else, or by the doping that would have been done by whoever else would have won the Tour if Armstrong didn't dope.

But by doping and winning the Tour a record, and in all seriousness an unbelieveable, 7 times, he did make his doping into something of a farce.
That did damage the sport.

The farce became even more farcical when, after winning his 7th tour and retiring while dogged by allegations of doping, he pretended to try to prove he didn't dope by coming out of retirement back to the race and trying win his 8th tour, by doping again.

It is hard to imagine how much more farcical it could get. To prove he did it without doping, he tried to do it again while secretly doping.
(January 18, 2013 at 2:01 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: To be honest, who has [explicit annotation censored] really harmed?
How about all the people he sued for telling the truth?

How about the insurance company he scammed?

Let alone the poor honest riders who had no hope of winning when they were racing against cheats.... he's just a really nasty man, a bully who is happy to hurt anyone that gets in his way or that dare opposes him.

(January 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm)Shell B Wrote: Ew. I hate the word naughty in this context.

I think he's a bit of a douche. A lot of people looked up to him. However, I don't care that much. He's the one who will reap the health repercussions.
He took EPO, testosterone and blood transfusions - what "health repercussions"?

(January 18, 2013 at 2:49 pm)Chuck Wrote: But seriously, Armstrong's doping in itself couldn't not have damaged the sport cycling anymore than the doping that was done by everyone else, or by the doping that would have been done by whoever else would have won the Tour if Armstrong didn't dope.
If everyone is taking drugs I don't say "pass the bong please", I walk out of the room and leave. You can't excuse something because you're peers are doing it. Even so, the fact of the matter is that this petty pathetic man was such a nasty piece of work that he actively targeted and sued anyone that dare tell the truth about him.

I believe perjury is worse than rape, what do you think of that?
I wouldn't exactly call it cheating. Today it's about who is the best at not getting caught. They are all doing it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2191 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1171 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 704 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1326 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2095 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2264 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  This has been nagging me for a while now... Dr H 11 1562 January 21, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1678 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The headline should have been... John V 8 393 October 5, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Guess You've All Been Practicing Your Aim Rhondazvous 20 1472 August 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama