Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well America Education system may just be plain screwed
Well America Education system may just be plain screwed

It's scary and I feel sorry for America (especially for Texian) school children.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Well America Education system may just be plain screwed
Why is it determined by a political organisation which textbooks are used?

Here sciencebooks for use in schools are determined by the scientific community.
You are in a rational country, TGAC. Here we have jesus freak shitheads with way too much influence.
The real travesty is that the damage extends beyond Texas due to its population and procurement practices.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives...tion=false
If I was super rich I would personally cover the costs for new factually correct text books and then have them printed to match demand to every other state so they would have then cheap then buying copies Texas did not want, even if it was at a loss. As the education of a child that is factual accrute is worth more than any loss I would make, so it would be worth it in the end and worth it for humanity.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Gooders...I think it's time for you and me to launch our multinational corporate domination scheme to get rich so we can accomplish your idea. It is time. Activate Phase One.
There's so much senseless bullshit regarding the American education system. Really, this is old news at this point.
Except that they keep pushing the same old jesus-centric agenda.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

To the rest of the world, I apologize for the idiocy of my country. Then again, it is Texas...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(January 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm)cato123 Wrote: The real travesty is that the damage extends beyond Texas due to its population and procurement practices.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives...tion=false

So it occurred to me...

It seems that we established in the 1860's that states can't secede.

Can we kick them out? Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 936 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3959 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7609 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7492 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2384 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Hospital system overwhelmed Spongebob 35 2632 August 27, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3153 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1156 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3917 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sounds Like Joe Biden "grabs 'em by the *****" as well... ReptilianPeon 16 1389 March 31, 2020 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate