Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Forums 1st Birthday!
Star 
Atheist Forums 1st Birthday!
Today Atheist Forums turns 1 year old at 18:47:03, and to celebrate this achievement the staff have been throwing ideas around, and in a classic leaving things to the last minute have come up with a jumble of things to do.

At 18:00 (GMT...also forum time) we will meet simultaneously in a Skype call (my Skype name is DrPoodle), Second Life (my SL name is Tiberius Greggan), and some form of webcam show (probably blogtv).

You can choose any (or all) of these mediums to meet and celebrate with the rest of whoever turns up. We'll be using Skype as the medium of choice to decide what to do with the other mediums (for instance, deciding who should go next on a blogtv rant). Of course, suggestions for better meeting places would be great as well. If someone can find a nice multi-webcam chat client we can use, we'll use that. Unfortunately all the ones I've come across are subscription-only, which is annoying.

To demonstrate the growth of the forum over the past year, we've mapped out some stats onto pretty graphs:

The above graph shows the amount of threads created each month increasing at a nice rate.

The above graph shows the amount of posts made each month increasing at a much faster rate, which means that more threads are being filled up with posts and not many are just left with minimal (or no) replies. This is great news for a discussion / debate forum such as ours.

So well done everyone, and Happy Birthday!

[Image: 1st-birthday.jpg]
RE: Atheist Forums 1st Birthday!
No naked women jumping out of the cake?

How tame!

Congrats to the guys who do all the work, though.
ClapClap

Worship (large)Worship (large)

PanicPanic

PopcornPopcorn
WorshipWorship

Happy birthday atheist forums =D
I sincerely hope my laptop adapter is waiting for me when I get home otherwise I can't participate in the webcam aspect.
And I just realized you'll be meeting while I'm still at work. I won't be home until around 4:30 pm my time which is 9:30 for you guys.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(August 25, 2009 at 9:22 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: I sincerely hope my laptop adapter is waiting for me when I get home otherwise I can't participate in the webcam aspect.
And I just realized you'll be meeting while I'm still at work. I won't be home until around 4:30 pm my time which is 9:30 for you guys.

Maybe if we're having a good time it'll last right up until that time. Or you can just ask the people with no life (me) to have an after-party. It's not like we/I have much else to do Tongue
If you do Blogtv I can at least participate in a chat, or any type of chatroom until I get home.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I'll definately be participating!

And while I'm at it I am on Skype as DemonAura ([email protected]) as well as blogTV under the same name (although no recorded shows just live stuff).

So for those who want to add go ahead, a few people already have (Hi!).

I need sugar now or something, I've been up all night and I feel like a kid who just got out of the dentists office.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
(August 25, 2009 at 10:10 am)Demonaura Wrote: I'll definately be participating!

And while I'm at it I am on Skype as DemonAura ([email protected]) as well as blogTV under the same name (although no recorded shows just live stuff).

So for those who want to add go ahead, a few people already have (Hi!).

I need sugar now or something, I've been up all night and I feel like a kid who just got out of the dentists office.

Ah yeah, I probably should have mentioned:

Blogtv: LukeJMc ([email protected])
MSN: [email protected]
Aim: LukeMCforREAL

Whatever medium you're using... feel free to hit me up. For real.
You see where the graph goes up in a peak really high about a month after the beginning...? That's where I joined

J/K

HB AF.ORG!!! I just hope I will be able to do this thing and be there as much as I'd like to...

I can probably make it for 6/47...although I might be eating dinner or having to wash it up :S

And then from 7pm my sisters might go on for two hours!! GRR (They usually use that time)

I should be available from 9 for several hours though...I'm just fucking pissed that I might not be able to do it from 6.pm all the way till bedSad

I fucking love this place and I'd love to celebrate its first birthday to full effect and for the longest time period possible within its birthday (today) TongueTongueTongue

P.S: I might change my name back to EvidenceVsFaith untill I can perhaps in future think of something more all encompassing (like EvidenceVsBelief? Only perhaps less shit than that...EvF Is pretty cool still IMO)

Yeah I'll go do that now.

P.P.S: Did I say already...? That.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AF.ORG!!!!!!!!!!! W0000000TTT!!

Oh I forgot...:

My skype is: evidencesleep

My SL is: Donald Donat

I forget my blogtv I'll tell you when I get back home...I'm on public comp :S

All is welcome to add...and also my MSN if anyone wants it: [email protected] - anyone welcome to add that too.

EvF
It just wouldn't be a birthday thread without a massive post from EvD EvF (wow, you changed your name back too?)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Future of the Forums (Discussion) Tiberius 130 20297 May 6, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 4) Tiberius 27 4880 April 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 1) Tiberius 201 27488 January 11, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 3) Forum Bot 33 6253 December 31, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  [Serious] Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 2) Tiberius 81 11038 December 19, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  User Suggestions for Future of Atheist Forums Shell B 47 7543 November 30, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Atheist Forums Financial Report 2017 Tiberius 12 3252 January 11, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cards Against Atheist Forums Tiberius 32 16110 September 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only. Tiberius 19 3588 March 15, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas Tiberius 19 4322 December 23, 2016 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady