Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Benedict XVI to Resign in March (true)
Pope Benedict XVI to Resign in March (true)
From the BBC:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

Pope Benedict XVI, after being advised by his physician he should undertake no more travelling, has announced he will resign from his post before Easter.

While resignations of popes are not heard of, in the modern age the office has only been filled after a pope dies.

The full details are at the BBC link above. - James.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: Pope Benedict XVI to Resign in March (true)
Yes, he is leaving office on Feb 28th. Btw - There is a busier thread on this in the Christianity forum itself.

Pappa calling his boy home early. That's never a good sign.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(February 11, 2013 at 9:30 am)Gabriel Syme Wrote: Yes, he is leaving office on Feb 28th. Btw - There is a busier thread on this in the Christianity forum itself.

Yup, I found that -after- I posted this. Oh well.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
All right, who wants to bet that his successor does more of the same bullshit we had to endure with the last two popes?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
God keeps having to replace his minions, funny that.
But surely Pope John Paul was much more knackered than him for longer? He can still just about walk and talk and stuff. And 86 he will probably die soon anyway. You would think that if Catholicism were true then God would energise the Pope beyond the lifespan of the average man or at least maintain their vitality for a longer duration. They ought to be like a living God powered node of energy, and be able to leviatate and stuff like that.
You know what the Vatican needs. Less old creepy men. That way they bloke they pick to be pope would last more than 5 minutes.
Quote:Pope Benedict XVI to Resign in March (true)

I will believe that,

once his head is paraded through the streets of munich on a stick.
Apparently he feels that at 85 he's getting too old to carry on in the job. So obviously that's not the reason.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1939 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3312 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5192 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2690 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 908 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33167 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9046 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25150 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44971 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 6005 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue