Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why hate Athiest?
Why hate Athiest?
Its 2013 but, that's beside the point. Why is it that religious people, (jews,christians, muslins and pagans, etc), hate athiest so much?
RE: Why hate Athiest?
Maybe because they don't know how to use pluralization correctly? Ha, just kidding. I guess that most religious people just don't know any uncloseted Atheists. They've been misinformed by their pastors and fox news and don't have a firm grasp on where morality comes from. Also the demonization of 'the other' is as old as civilization, probably even older.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(February 16, 2013 at 11:45 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Maybe because they don't know how to use pluralization correctly? Ha, just kidding. I guess that most religious people just don't know any uncloseted Atheists. They've been misinformed by their pastors and fox news and don't have a firm grasp on where morality comes from. Also the demonization of 'the other' is as old as civilization, probably even older.

The latter, for sure. That, and churches of all stripes have a vested interest in turning nonbelievers into enemies, since we're the only ones the church can't outright control. It's all about control, with religion.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

"Market share."

Theists may migrate in and out of theist markets, but usually stay within theism. Atheists take away market share from theism and seldom cross over into theism.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I think it's rather rude to paint religious people with such a broad brush. Many religious people do not hate atheists.

I believe it has to do with the way they're portrayed in news stories and other things that everybody watch. They try to depict atheists as bad people. And it usually works. Many religious people, (including myself), held a huge judgment towards atheists when they called for the cross at Ground Zero to go because it only stood for Christianity. Many people were annoyed by atheists for that.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(February 16, 2013 at 1:52 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: I think it's rather rude to paint religious people with such a broad brush. Many religious people do not hate atheists.

I believe it has to do with the way they're portrayed in news stories and other things that everybody watch. They try to depict atheists as bad people. And it usually works. Many religious people, (including myself), held a huge judgment towards atheists when they called for the cross at Ground Zero to go because it only stood for Christianity. Many people were annoyed by atheists for that.

What did you just say about painting people with a broad brush, and then 50 words later say that Atheists (as a group) did so and so. Ironic much?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(February 16, 2013 at 2:40 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(February 16, 2013 at 1:52 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: I think it's rather rude to paint religious people with such a broad brush. Many religious people do not hate atheists.

What did you just say about painting people with a broad brush, and then 50 words later say that Atheists (as a group) did so and so. Ironic much?

What? I said it was the news that portrayed atheists as such, causing many people to hold a judgement towards atheists.

Many people on this site have been doing this type of thing to me. Read more clearly, please.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Many atheists (inluding myself) are annoyed by the symbolic nonsense that jesus freaks display and force unto non-religious people after tragic events such as 9/11.
There are several reasons. One that does not help us much is that famous atheists are usually arrogant assholes.
(February 16, 2013 at 3:30 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: What? I said it was the news that portrayed atheists as such, causing many people to hold a judgement towards atheists.

Many people on this site have been doing this type of thing to me. Read more clearly, please.

And what kind of newsmedia do you use? The kind which isnt really news, like FOX news?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is such a logical fallacy Woah0 7 970 September 7, 2022 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  hate WinterHold 11 1430 November 21, 2019 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10907 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 25756 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  What I love, What I hate, What I want, What I believe. WinterHold 9 1631 July 18, 2016 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Why They Hate Us brewer 1 819 June 6, 2016 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Theists Hate Being Parodied Even More Than They Hate "Sin" Minimalist 14 4163 April 21, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Hate me, for I deserved to be hated Foxaèr 20 3734 September 3, 2015 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Nope
  One Overused Word That I Hate Secular Elf 48 8732 June 12, 2015 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am starting to hate religious people and worry about it. Tweezers 46 11823 May 8, 2015 at 12:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus