Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was going to put this in Humor but
I was going to put this in Humor but
with these dumb republicunt shitheads in the House I figured it may as well go here.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/bo...20%2883%29

Quote:House Science Committee Questions Existence of Meteors
RE: I was going to put this in Humor but
...this should go in humor. Especially as the Republican being ridiculed in this parody said that the meteor strike in Russia was a "stark reminder of the need to invest in space science."

It's fine to make fun of people, but it just looks stupid when the person you are making fun of has the complete opposite views in this situation.
I know they are allies of yours, Tibby.
You know full well that they aren't allies of mine. I just don't understand why Borrowitz made this kind of parody. Democrats and other science-minded people have been wanting the Republicans on the Science Committee to start supporting actual science for years, and when they finally release statements which seem to indicate they understand at least one important aspect of science research, they go and make a parody which isn't even remotely accurate.

Parodies work when you take a small aspect that is accurate, and then blow it up and exaggerate it to comic effect. In this case, I can't see what the element of truth in this parody is. It would be like Obama throwing his support behind same-sex marriage and then a right-wing blogger writing a parody where Obama wants to investigate if homosexuality even exists.
Speaking of parodies -- Check out the "What Would American Jesus Do" blog (on blogspot) for a discussion of whether American Jesus would support teaching creationism in schools!
Who needs parodies to ridicule members of congress when we have Hank Johnson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxF4AmsgaYE

Concerned that Guam will tip over.
I was going to put this in humor, but..

[Image: BushPerotClinton.jpg]

I figured history buffs would get a bigger laugh like I didWink
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(February 17, 2013 at 4:13 pm)wwajdblogger Wrote: Speaking of parodies -- Check out the "What Would American Jesus Do" blog (on blogspot) for a discussion of whether American Jesus would support teaching creationism in schools!

You. Start contributing something other than self promotion or a mod slap is incoming.

We're a discussion forum, not Reddit.

And even if we were Reddit, your presence is so unestablished it'd be downvoted into oblivion.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(February 17, 2013 at 4:13 pm)wwajdblogger Wrote: Speaking of parodies -- Check out the "What Would American Jesus Do" blog (on blogspot) for a discussion of whether American Jesus would support teaching creationism in schools!

Spam much?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
It's clear he doesn't know he shouldn't post those things in a room full of mods because he isn't here enough to know who you areTongue

Dumbass.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump is going to be reelected.... Jehanne 250 11531 January 21, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 357 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  I am going postal..... Brian37 12 1096 April 30, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4610 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5287 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 778 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Keep It Going Ladies Minimalist 6 1170 May 16, 2018 at 11:37 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm Sure His Buddy Putin Could Put Something Together For Him Minimalist 1 642 January 17, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  The country is going down the shitter with Trump in office, but it's okay NuclearEnergy 7 1146 December 4, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15% GUBU 5 1517 April 27, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist