Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 5:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreal video of a solar flare
Unreal video of a solar flare
Best video of a solar flare I've ever seen:

'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Unreal video of a solar flare
Oh that old fiery ball in the sky never ceases to amaze us! Just that flare's energy would suffice to power the entire planet for a shitload of time, if we could harness it.

Great vid Oro-man Smile
RE: Unreal video of a solar flare
(February 26, 2013 at 7:25 am)LastPoet Wrote: Oh that old fiery ball in the sky never ceases to amaze us! Just that flare's energy would suffice to power the entire planet for a shitload of time, if we could harness it.

Great vid Oro-man Smile

Thanks. Just think, that flare was likely larger than several Jupiters.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our Sun is approaching its solar maximum. Jehanne 3 615 March 24, 2022 at 2:12 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  New evidence points toward Ninth Planet in the solar system Heat 57 10178 January 24, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Solar Eclipse. Science vs Pastor perspective TubbyTubby 22 4890 March 23, 2015 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Smaug
  Solar Eclipse May 9th Cinjin 8 3133 May 10, 2013 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Gearbreak
  Infant solar system in our backyard SpecUVdust 11 2747 December 6, 2012 at 5:38 am
Last Post: JohnDG
  Curiosity spots partial solar eclipse from surface of Mars Jackalope 0 1555 September 17, 2012 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  UK industry to build Solar Orbiter satellite Chuff 2 1358 April 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Comet survives pass through solar corona popeyespappy 9 5117 December 21, 2011 at 8:18 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Sun Unleashes X6.9 Class Flare Judas BentHer 1 1099 August 11, 2011 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Violet