Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar Eclipse. Science vs Pastor perspective
Solar Eclipse. Science vs Pastor perspective
So, the eclipse is almost with us and I have eclipse glasses for all of the family (we'll all be in different places at the time unfortunately). I'm hoping for a break in the clouds as we will get about a 90% coverage where we live. As always with these events I've noticed a flurry of stories in the media recently to show how this interests different people.

A team based in Svalbard, north of Norway, will be hoping to use the event to find out why the sun's corona - its outer atmosphere - is hotter than its surface.

The plasma of the sun is only visible during a total eclipse, so the scientists will use this unique opportunity to try and solve the puzzling phenomena.

Scientists will also be studying the effect of the eclipse on the 3% worth of solar energy in Europe. Countless other experiments to further our knowledge of our nearest star such as weather balloons measuring solar radiation, atmospheric electricity and light intensity.

Eclipses are truly fascinating events. Meanwhile..........

...over in the world of Mark Blitz who writes on Christian website Root Source and is interviewed on WorldNetDaily (WND).

Friday’s solar eclipse across Europe could signal darker times and the ‘day of judgement,’ a pastor has warned.

The timing of the eclipse, which comes a few weeks before a lunar eclipse, is apparently significant.

Coinciding also with the spring equinox, the rare 'once in 100,000-year' event could indicate that trouble is brewing in Europe, according to the pastor.

"An event of this magnitude at the very beginning of the religious new year demands attention," Mr Blitz told WND.

"As the Bible tells us, there will be signs in the heavens on the feast days, and this is a very significant sign on a critical day."

"It’s the same day that there was the grand-opening ceremony of the tabernacle of Moses, with fire from heaven lighting the altar. Historically, this is a day of judgment."

He also said it was "likely a message from God to the entire world."

I don't think I need say anymore really do I? Regardless the twisted morality that some people hold that seems to give them pleasure in prophecies of worldwide doom, I still continue to be astounded by the utter stupidness and ignorance that they possess.
RE: Solar Eclipse. Science vs Pastor perspective
Normally if someone wants to warn me about something, they just tell me about it. Not fuck about with planets.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Chris Columbus intimidated some natives with foreknowledge of a lunar eclipse back during one of his caribbean vacations.

Don't see much difference with the Christers trying to do the same.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's because some first world dipshit started jacking off again, isn't it?
Blush

I thought I got rid of all those cameras dammit.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Oh, that old thing.... it's still going on, huh?

[Image: tintin.jpg]
The moon is moving between the sun and the earth! The end is nigh!!
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 18, 2015 at 9:00 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: "As the Bible tells us, there will be signs in the heavens on the feast days, and this is a very significant sign on a critical day."

"It’s the same day that there was the grand-opening ceremony of the tabernacle of Moses, with fire from heaven lighting the altar. Historically, this is a day of judgment."

He also said it was "likely a message from God to the entire world."

I don't think I need say anymore really do I? Regardless the twisted morality that some people hold that seems to give them pleasure in prophecies of worldwide doom, I still continue to be astounded by the utter stupidness and ignorance that they possess.

I've always wondered about eclipses and planetary alignments being warnings. It's not as if the eclipse is a change in reaction to human behavior. We can plot eclipses far into the past and future. Now a sudden eclipse out of turn, that would a sign of something.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I've translated the message!

It's from Raa. He's mooning us.

Index of my best videos
(March 18, 2015 at 9:00 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: Coinciding also with the spring equinox, the rare 'once in 100,000-year' event could indicate that trouble is brewing in Europe, according to the pastor
Since he's using the time scale of '100,000 years' I'll assume he's not a YEC. (Since it couldn't ever have happened at all if the earth is only about 10,000 years old)
In which case, with a little math, he should be able to figure out this has already happened about 40,000 times.
Not very "rare" if you ask me....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Lunar Eclipse (until 2025) going on right now! Jehanne 15 1601 November 12, 2022 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Lunar eclipse happening now!! Jehanne 6 533 May 16, 2022 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Our Sun is approaching its solar maximum. Jehanne 3 613 March 24, 2022 at 2:12 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Eclipse, the Eclipse!! Jehanne 202 26756 September 5, 2017 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  New evidence points toward Ninth Planet in the solar system Heat 57 10141 January 24, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Solar Eclipse May 9th Cinjin 8 3118 May 10, 2013 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Gearbreak
  Unreal video of a solar flare orogenicman 2 1586 February 26, 2013 at 10:46 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Infant solar system in our backyard SpecUVdust 11 2743 December 6, 2012 at 5:38 am
Last Post: JohnDG
  Curiosity spots partial solar eclipse from surface of Mars Jackalope 0 1551 September 17, 2012 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  UK industry to build Solar Orbiter satellite Chuff 2 1356 April 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris