Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Yahweh true? Watch Israel.
Is Yahweh true? Watch Israel.
Up until now, it's looking pretty good
Consider these quotes first of all:

This was a result of their disobedience, it was only two times in their history when God had to do this- the babylonian captivity, and the destruction of Jerusalem in 135AD. On the latter occasion, the name was erased from Roman maps, the city was utterly destroyed and the site was ploughed up, and ever since, the Jews have been treated as second class citizens wherever they went...

But eventually, they would return:

BUT it can still go wrong:
All this sets the scene for the final battle between the nations, and against God himself- hear me out:

And now, if you care to read on from where I left these prophecies off, you'll realise that, according to the bible, there's going to be a huge war, and that's when Yahweh would win the battle against these invading forces, and that's when Christ would set up the kingdom that will never be destroyed.

So
then you'll see that there is a very exciting time coming soon, because either Israel will be totally destroyed (i.e. it was all coincidence, Yahweh loses- therefore he can't really exist!) or, the kingdom will be here.

And it's not like Israel's survival is a probable thing either!- it is surrounded by a bunch of nations that hate it's guts! It only takes one nuke to bomb Israel to bits.
I'm kinda busy and don't have much time for these forums, so if you respond to this post, don't expect me to reply immediately- but I will try to get back to you sometime.
RE: Is Yahweh true? Watch Israel.
Dodgy

I want whatever drugs jap is having
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 21, 2013 at 11:15 pm)jap23 Wrote: So
then you'll see that there is a very exciting time coming soon, because either Israel will be totally destroyed (i.e. it was all coincidence, Yahweh loses- therefore he can't really exist!) or, the kingdom will be here.

And it's not like Israel's survival is a probable thing either!- it is surrounded by a bunch of nations that hate it's guts! It only takes one nuke to bomb Israel to bits.

Let me get this strait:

Are you looking forward to the destruction of Israel and it`s 8 million inhabitants - so your god can return?

You are sick!
(March 22, 2013 at 6:45 am)The Germans are coming Wrote:

Let me get this strait:

Are you looking forward to the destruction of Israel and it`s 8 million inhabitants - so your god can return?

You are sick!

wow... With all respect- how on earth did you come to that conclusion? You didn't get that straight (in fact, you got that twisted 180)- I said OR the kingdom will be here.... ?
The reality is quite the opposite, actually- I can't really express the love and sympathy that I have for the nation (however rogue the nation may currently be). I just didn't figure you atheists would be interested in that side of the story (and it seems members have been banned for that kind of stuff).

Note- I said 'exciting' probably absent-mindedly as I expect Israel to remain forever: I probably should have said "interesting" (not in a positive way). In no way do I look forward to it's destruction (which I doubt will occur).

Would that answer the 'drug' thing too? 'cos those who know me in person would disagree... atheist or not. I'm one of the most boring, nerdy people you'll every come across.

I presented this whole thing because I thought you'd be interested in a condition of failure for Jews and Christians alike- in contrast to all the rubbish I hear about prophecies being logical predictions of things that will probably (eventually) happen anyway.
I'm kinda busy and don't have much time for these forums, so if you respond to this post, don't expect me to reply immediately- but I will try to get back to you sometime.
good to know.

On the other hand, dont you think that believing in Jesus returing to Israel can have negative consequences?

Cause it completly ignores the fact that the state of Israel was created as a safe harbor for the jews, and not to provide a nation in case of the return of Jesus.
(March 22, 2013 at 8:01 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: good to know.

On the other hand, dont you think that believing in Jesus returing to Israel can have negative consequences?

Cause it completly ignores the fact that the state of Israel was created as a safe harbor for the jews, and not to provide a nation in case of the return of Jesus.

Hehe I think jap may have missed that point. Further that the establishment of the state of "Israel" was booty from one of our world wars...I think of hand it was the first. (sorry Zen is away and I can't check quickly)
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Naaa, I disagree. North Korea is nothing but a shitty sideeffect of World War 2.

Isreal had been in the build up ever since Theodor Herzel published "Der Judenstaat".

Of course the holocaust gave it a boost in being created.

But the creatio of a jewish state was made inevitable during the dawn of the 19th century.
mk

I don't know my history THAT well

The thought of a general war in the Mid-East makes me feel many things, but excited is not among them.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
your history?

are you of jewish descent?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2339 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2594 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2764 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2585 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4538 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11300 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 687 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Any one else watch The Last Days of Jesus on PBS ? vorlon13 9 2576 April 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5323 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5091 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb