Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here likes sushi?
Who here likes sushi?
Being dirt poor I don't get the chance that much. But I do love that style of food.
RE: Who here likes sushi?
Sushi is the atheist's mana from heaven.
This guy. Make your own Brian (and hell, go catch the fish) it's pretty cheap. Don't even have the expense of fuel for heating.... Smile
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
sushi is nice... fruit sushi is nicer... chocolate sushi is better.
(March 19, 2013 at 11:33 am)pocaracas Wrote: sushi is nice... fruit sushi is nicer... chocolate sushi is better.

I've never had chocolate sushi... Maybe I missed it the last time I was at "Yo! Sushi!"
Right here. Hmmm, and lunch is coming up.... Big Grin
(March 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Right here. Hmmm, and lunch is coming up.... Big Grin

Had some in a restaurant in Japan where they'd scoop the live fish from an aquarium, slice it up and have it on you plate almost before it stopped twitching. Extremely good. Gory, but yummy.
(March 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(March 19, 2013 at 12:00 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Right here. Hmmm, and lunch is coming up.... Big Grin

Had some in a restaurant in Japan where they'd scoop the live fish from an aquarium, slice it up and have it on you plate almost before it stopped twitching. Extremely good. Gory, but yummy.

Yeah, I don't need to meet the meat.

Not only is that method a tad gory, it's also a great way to get intestinal parasites - this is why fish destined for raw consumption in the US is recommended to be frozen by the FDA (with the exception of tuna). That's not to say that you can't get fresh sushi at your own peril.

ETA: Apparently the FDA only issues recommendations, and leaves it up to the states as to what the requirements are. Some require freezing, some don't.
(March 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm)whateverist Wrote:

There is a fish dish served in some parts of china which involves cooking parts of the fish without killing the whole fish. The fish is served on a dish literally still gulping air. If you are into this sort of thing you can try to see if it is good.
(March 19, 2013 at 2:31 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(March 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm)whateverist Wrote: Had some in a restaurant in Japan where they'd scoop the live fish from an aquarium, slice it up and have it on you plate almost before it stopped twitching. Extremely good. Gory, but yummy.

Yeah, I don't need to meet the meat.

Not only is that method a tad gory, it's also a great way to get intestinal parasites - this is why fish destined for raw consumption in the US is recommended to be frozen by the FDA (with the exception of tuna). That's not to say that you can't get fresh sushi at your own peril.

ETA: Apparently the FDA only issues recommendations, and leaves it up to the states as to what the requirements are. Some require freezing, some don't.

You have more risk of getting sick of a door nob someone else touched before you than getting sick from sushi. At least in the west because most people don't eat it every single day. And if you did it would be more likely that you got sick from the cook or wait staff's poor handling of the food.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No salt sticky rice for making Nigiri Sushi Brian37 20 1132 April 30, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 983 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Have "likes" and "kudos" polarized our society? CapnAwesome 35 4331 January 4, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Whateverist
Rainbow Lilly's Sushi Adventure~ Violet 35 3446 September 25, 2015 at 2:14 am
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  My psycho mom likes to spy on me watching TV and cook and arrange her schecule around ashabasha17 13 2870 November 10, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  My psycho mom that likes to spy on me just took away my TV without ANY warning! andrea2687 15 2633 October 21, 2014 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  RE: Who Likes me Who Hates me BlackSwordsman 7 1146 May 9, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  who likes me ? why hates me? Marsellus Wallace 19 5161 May 9, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb