Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Radio
Internet Radio
Does anyone here listen to internet radio while using the computer? Usually when posting on these forums, or writing reports on my laptop, I always enjoy listening either to classical or new age stations from http://www.shoutcast.com. Really chilled out Wink Shades
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
RE: Internet Radio
I have a subscription to last.fm to play internet radio based on whatever tickles my fancy at the moment.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Awesome! What kinda music do you fancy generally?
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
I tried Spotify and we7.

Spotify suffers from what appears to be bandwidth issues (I suppose it could be my ISP, Sky, but I get the same problem at work so I think that unlikely).

We7 has adverts before each and every song which is bleeding irritating.

Neither has much in the way of the music I want to listen to (nuMetal, symphonic metal, rock, older metal and so on)

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Symphonic metal like Nightwish? I love symphonic metal! Well, it's one of the many....many genre's I listen to haha
(September 7, 2009 at 9:56 am)Retorth Wrote: Symphonic metal like Nightwish? I love symphonic metal! Well, it's one of the many....many genre's I listen to haha

That's the stuff Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

What bandwidth issues do you mean? Have you reported them? Spotify was always lightning fast for me :S
I tried visiting Spotify but it isn't available where I live...aw shucks! =\
The website blocks you, but the application doesn't. All you need to do is download the app through a proxy based in the UK or one of the European countries allowed, and you can use it anywhere (I used it in Egypt!). If you want an invite to the service (you need one to get an account) then PM me Big Grin
(September 7, 2009 at 12:00 pm)Tiberius Wrote: What bandwidth issues do you mean? Have you reported them? Spotify was always lightning fast for me

I don't know Adrian ... I'm guessing.

Kyu
Angry Atheism

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet Utopia Ahriman 71 5466 October 7, 2021 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 815 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Why is it internet fandom has some of the nastiest people? A Godzilla fan 10 811 October 7, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2704 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What is it that makes people so mean on the internet? NuclearEnergy 9 1105 October 23, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: c172
  Why are there so many creeps on the internet? NuclearEnergy 52 12115 May 25, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: eggie
  Internet Speed 2016 Edwardo Piet 55 4926 August 5, 2016 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
Rainbow A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users Excited Penguin 36 3947 May 17, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Exclamation Data Retention & Internet Privacy Aractus 12 4011 April 6, 2016 at 8:17 am
Last Post: bradhaddin81
  No internet Edwardo Piet 39 3848 November 10, 2015 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet