Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 6:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be tolerant! And hug a racist!
Be tolerant! And hug a racist!
For the sake of not derailing the Hall of shame, which already (appropriatly) is jstrodels hobby.

(April 9, 2013 at 7:18 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(April 9, 2013 at 6:21 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: "Dear diary, I am not a racist, but I really enjoyed that beer at the pub with the guys in SS uniforms tonight"

Seems like moral principles are something for sale.
Racism is a belief. Christianity is also a belief.

Can you show me your christian friends in the western world who want to deny equal rights to non christians?

Quote: I do not shun Christians as friends, even if some of them believe that homosexuality is a sin and a lifestyle choice.

The difference between framing a sexuality and seeing a entire group of people as infirior and slavelike is big.

Quote:To shun them would do them no good; if anything, it may make them think their beliefs are justified.

By that logic World War 2 was completly invane, and generaly every conflict on the planet could have been stoped by huging the agressor.

Quote:It is better to remain friends, and to expose them to other viewpoints, in the hopes that they change, than to leave them to their ignorant views and not.

everything except the friends part

Quote:Some Christians are taught to be homophobic. Most racists are taught to be racist. It isn't always their fault.

I dont think you can compare the typical biggoted christian who thinks homosexuality can be "healed" to someone who thinks a entire group of people in destined to be infirior and therefor need not enjoy equality.

Quote:They are, after all, only human.

So was he:

[Image: 220px-Stalin_lg_zlx1.jpg]

I guess he would have changed all his views through a hug.

not
RE: Be tolerant! And hug a racist!
I think your counter-arguments are a little far-fetched.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

I tend to agree with CSJ, if you shun and shame everyone that believes differently than you, you're setting yourself up for failure. I understand your loyalty to your beliefs, but expecting the same beliefs from others is reaching.
Example: Senator Robert Byrd. He was a member of the KKK and advocated for segregation early in his career, yet renounced his stance later in life. Does being an at one time member of the KKK mean he is a horrible, terrible person? Kinda... but the fact that he changed his position shows that people can and do grow. He was actually given endorsement by the NAACP later. He was one of the few voices that voted against the war in Iraq following 9/11.
Viewing the world through a strictly black and white lens is really limiting.
This is making a thread to oust a specific member. I know this dumbass has me blocked, but this shit is against the rules. The way he has it worded is definitely a dig and hardly an attempt at rational debate. Fucking jerkoff.
(April 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:
Quote:It is better to remain friends, and to expose them to other viewpoints, in the hopes that they change, than to leave them to their ignorant views and not.

everything except the friends part

So, does that mean that you're never going to be friends with someone who has different views/beliefs from yours?
Post reported, as it sounds to me, you are calling out a member. Why haven't you at least given your personal views to start off a new thread. And you complain of Cratehorus behaviour Angry
Yes, let thine eyes be clouded by emotion, Germans.
Mod Hat On: I am closing this thread. People want to discuss racism, please do so without calling out specific members.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2126 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 860 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  So Not Every WLB Voter Was a Racist Retard. Minimalist 16 1168 October 29, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ann Coulter Reminds the WLB That His Racist Fans Don't Care About Tax Cuts Minimalist 29 6787 September 1, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Sessions, In Addition To Being A Racist Shit Is Also A Liar Minimalist 3 766 July 21, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Up yours you racist, misogynist, ignorant Trump voters. Whateverist 11 2567 April 10, 2017 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Illinois senator makes racist comment in debate Doubting Thomas 15 2011 October 28, 2016 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Is it possible to maintain and respect cultural heritage and not be a racist Drich 90 12596 March 16, 2015 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are Republicans racist??? simplemoss 70 8335 December 9, 2014 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: simplemoss
  As Long as I'm Avenue Qing: Are You a Little Bit Racist? Jenny A 41 9512 October 9, 2014 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72