Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near death experiences
Near death experiences
So, the first couple times I lost faith what brought me back was watching those damn nde videos in YouTube. This one kid said he talked to his dads dead father and his sister that was a miscarriage. Another dude said he was dead for 3 days in the freezer and came back... That one sounds ridiculous.. What do y'all make of these?
RE: Near death experiences
I have posted in another thread (cf. http://atheistforums.org/thread-15221.html) that anecdotes cannot be accepted as evidence that an NDE equals the existence of an afterlife.
The inherent bias is problematic when we want to draw conclusions from these experiences.

Moreover, NDE's have been subjected to different tests.
One of them is that ketamine plays a significant role (I have posted a part of the conclusion section in the previous thread).
There are other articles that state that NDE's are caused by natural things (e.g. release of DMT (Strassman), cessation of cerebral blood circulation (Engmann, 2008), high levels of CO2 in blood (Klemenc-Ketis et al., 2010), increased activity in the left temporal lobe (Britton et al., 2004)).
RE: Near death experiences
Oh my lord. I hate NDEs. They are so dumb. Hypothetically, God could give you a vision while seriously ill and while bodily processes are damaged. However, the large majority of times there are toxins in the blood or something that gives obvious cause to any sort of hallucination.
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.