Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Homeless man shows atheists/agnostics are more generous
Homeless man shows atheists/agnostics are more generous
[Image: 381523_470117366396087_1594801373_n.jpg]

Quote:Homeless man comes up with ingenious way to determine which religion produces the most generous followers.

Some religions may say change comes from within, but this homeless man has come up with an ingenious way of determining which faith produces the most generous devotees.

An image posted on Reddit shows the man with a sign bearing the message ‘which religion cares the most about the homeless?’ and nine begging bowls in front of him.

Each bowl is placed on top of a piece of paper bearing the words ‘Muslim’, ‘atheist’, ‘Jewish’, ‘Buddhist’, ‘spiritual’, ‘agnostic’, ‘pagan’, and ‘Christian.

Reddit user Ventachinkway, who uploaded the image, said: ‘When I passed him he proudly announced “The atheists are winning!”.’

Many commenters drew attention to the fact that the US, where the picture was taken, is predominantly Christian, while others pointed to the carabiner apparently donated by a Buddhist.

Read about it -> http://www.metro.co.uk/homelesssurvey
RE: Homeless man shows atheists/agnostics are more generous
A scientific study if I ever saw one!

Regardless I think that many of those who actually attend church in the United States are not 'good people' by the societal definition. They don't give the the homeless or pick up hitchhikers. In fact they look down on these people are somehow immoral or bad and don't want to associate with that kind of people. The reason that people do good generous things ultimately is because they want to feel good about themselves. Going to church acts as a substitute for actual good behavior because it makes the religious feel like they are actually doing something good. In reality they are just sitting on their asses and being bored for one hour a week. It does nothing positive for society at all.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Right??

In truth I know far more immoral religious people than moral. Hell, this weekend while I was out I met a fellow who was telling me about his father, who put him through Presbyterian school for all but two years of his life [when he turned 16, he declared independence and went into public school after moving out on his own], and who was extremely abusive and megalomaniacal. I told him some of my history as well with religions and religious people, and the discussion brought about ten others into the conversation who all had their own horror stories about excessively sadistic yet wildly religious folks. Quite interesting to see just how many people have experienced such brutality from religious individuals, often from religions that claim moral supremacy.
Clever approach. Instead of simply begging for money, make it a competition. That's thinking outside the box.
What an idiot. Don't "donate" a carabiner!
(April 30, 2013 at 8:51 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Clever approach. Instead of simply begging for money, make it a competition. That's thinking outside the box.

Man should've been a banking executive. ZING!
Probably was CoH...or a marketing manager?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I think most christians are like some relatives of mine

Every dollar they give to the needy is one less they can give to Creflo Dollar

[Image: creflo-dollar-fayetteville-home.jpg?42e305]

Creflo has needs tooConfusedhock:
[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

Looks like he needs some fucking miracle-grow for his lawn.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
You'd think with all the heavenly bullshit around that the lawn would grow fine?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1186 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  All kind of Agnostics people Eclectic 4 510 August 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Do Christians really contribut to society more than atheists Asmodee 12 4473 June 27, 2018 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 27034 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  There are more American Atheists than we thought Aroura 26 8632 May 27, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Common Sense shows religion screws people up. Usalabs 11 2810 March 20, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Agnostics Excited Penguin 398 35049 August 8, 2016 at 12:27 am
Last Post: wiploc
  Are the churches using atheists to gain more converts? madog 46 7362 June 21, 2016 at 4:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  True Origins of Man - Ascent to Dominance much more complicated than the bible's tale bussta33 1 1173 December 20, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris