Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof angels exist has been found
Proof angels exist has been found
'I am Gabriel' stone goes on display at Israel Museum

Noting that it is written in the same manner as the rest of the OT this constitutes proof positive to all believers that there are angels. It is also another incorrect prophesy which they are not able to explain. Nothing distinguishes this from the rest of the OT.
RE: Proof angels exist has been found
LOL... good one.

Ever notice how xtians can't run away from the ramifications of the GRS fast enough?
I couldn't get on that site, it kept asking for money.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Try this from 2008, DBP.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0...85,00.html

In the five years since it was published this "objection" has been dismissed.

Quote:It remains to be seen whether Gabriel's Revelation, and especially Knohl's interpretation, will weather the hot lights of fame.

Dr. Ada Yardeni, one of the foremost experts on ancient semitic languages in the world wrote:

Quote: I would like to make the following statement: After reviewing the document, I came to the conclusion that the reading suggested by Professor Knohl for the third word of line 80—HAYE “live”—seems to be the only plausible reading of that word. Thus, the first five words of this line should be translated as: “In three days live, I Gabriel.”

And the jesus freaks have shit hemorrhages all over the landscape......
How do you make a scroll out of stone?
If Jesus didn't exist, we'd have to invent him.

Oh, wait.....

I'm looking forward to reading this, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I don't know about semitic culture, but things coming in threes, the number three, and tripartite structures are common motifs in European myths and Märchen. If the same is true for ANE culture, the only thing that requires explanation as unusual is the resurrection, which hardly needs any research to discount as yet another common mythological theme.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Dying and resurrected gods were a recurrent motif in the mythology of the region, Apo. No big mystery there.

Nonetheless....both Josephus and Tacitus mention Simon's revolt and Quinctillius Varus' suppression of it. Neither mentions his ass coming back to life 3 days later. Looks as if he was as big a fraud as "jesus."
(May 1, 2013 at 12:50 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I couldn't get on that site, it kept asking for money.

Go here
'I am Gabriel' stone goes on display at Israel Museum

(May 1, 2013 at 2:39 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: How do you make a scroll out of stone?

It's a miracle.
(May 1, 2013 at 2:39 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: How do you make a scroll out of stone?

See what happens when you are too literal, Chad?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 5851 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  I am stunned religion hasn't been abolished yet Agnostic1 50 3184 December 30, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3122 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why are angels always males? Fake Messiah 63 5645 October 9, 2021 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I've Been MIRACLED!!! brokefree 1 769 June 9, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  why is the thread about angels being male closed? Anomalocaris 11 2338 April 23, 2021 at 7:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 23713 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10141 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78530 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2818 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus