Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Europe
Hi from Europe
Hello, I'm Sal from a country in Europe.

Found this site from another forum website that I frequent - according to the rules, if I read them correctly, I'm not allowed to say which website.

I'm an IT/GIS employee. I'm 31 years old.

My political views are Social Democrat with a flair for Technocracy. My (lack of) of religious views is atheist.

If asked what specifically I believe in theistic terms and/or religion, I usually just say "atheist", but my full label, if I should align with any, then it's: apathetic agnostic atheist. Which is a mouthful and not everyone uses those labels, since in my experience they use them incorrectly.

Explaining that full label, it's my view that I almost don't care about the question of a creator of this Universe, nor do I know that a creator exists, nor do I believe in one. Same deal with anything that I view as supernatural.

That's about it.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
RE: Hi from Europe
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Sal, enjoy the forums.
Hi SalSmile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
apathetic atheist. Careful how you say that! :)

Welcome!
(May 13, 2013 at 8:14 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Hi SalSmile

Yo, fellow AFer ...
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Welcome
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Re: Hi from Europe
Helloooo!
Welcome. I am quite apathetic myself.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Howdy!
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Europe! Mirek-Polska 27 2857 February 11, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Hiya from Europe whereupon 16 3019 May 15, 2013 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Greetings from Europe L.A.F. 15 2457 April 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: L.A.F.