Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited to be here...
Excited to be here...
Hi everyone,

Intro for my intro; My name is Mark Arellius, 24, from Amsterdam.

I never really was religious, I think at some point the highlight of my faith was when I really tried to understand if there was a God or not. Every time I prayed and saw no results I felt like I was wasting my time and when I got things done myself I felt much better.

I think they call it ''the age of reason'' when I decided that I didn't really need to believe in God or any god of any religion. I was doing just fine without, seeing as how allot of other people around the world (mainly Christian) were suffering much, much more. I've always considered myself to be an infidel, a non believer if you will and I just left religion alone because it was too complex. If I got into any debate with my friends I had my own reasons why I never would commit to a faith of any kind.

I always made a joke out of it; ''If masturbation is a sin because you supposedly keep the pleasure for yourself, well, for me that isn't true because I'd gladly share the experience with someone at the moment I am jacking off. Why would I think of myself and not Rihanna for instance? She is way hotter than me and the act itself wouldn't be a complete waste of time.'' Angel

Last year, I picked up one of the most influential books [to me] I have ever read. And I discovered it a little to late because I would've loved to have seen the author live in action.

Christopher Hitchens - God Is Not Great

I've almost finished it, about two-thirds into the book I finally decided to Google him because I had never heard of him before. I've read the book; God Hates Us All by Hank Moody form the TV series Californication and thought God Is Not Great was a catchy title too.

After I saw 4 or 5 of Christopher Hitchens' debates on YouTube I was sold, I thought to myself that this is something I would like to go for. Especially after the debate on Intelligence2 with Stephen Fry, amazing.

So, that was my little introduction and looking forward to gaining more knowledge and information here. And I'm looking forward to debating and reading discussions, I like the occasional flame war too, what better place to sign up eh?.

Have a good day! And pleased to meet you. Smile
RE: Excited to be here...
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, fellow european!
Enjoy the cookies!
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Quote:Every time I prayed and saw no results

Neither has anyone else. The dummies keep doing it and deluding themselves on the results.

Congratulations for not being one of them, and welcome.
Greetings to you! I've only been here a short while, but there are plenty of bright thinkers at every turn that will not hesitate to make you sharper. Enjoy...it's addicting.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys Smile
After the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Welcome Enjoy the forums.
Congradulations for joining the religion of "anti-theism" what made you choose this instead of the "atheism" religion ? are you anti religious theists as well as non religious theists ? ps: I do respect your honesty as their are many athiests who are really anti-theists on this forum.
Howdy!
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6685 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United