Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The burden of wisdom/enlightenment, being good is too hard!
The burden of wisdom/enlightenment, being good is too hard!
Remember before I said ignorance is the best way to live.

If you want to remain happy and live a happy life unburdened with a heavy duty.....then stop reading.

People these days like to feel they are empowered by electing leaders.

The fact is electing leaders, is saying, I trust you to decide matters for me that rule over me and effect everyone I care about.

Of course, this trust is a huge trust. Of course, a few promises are promised, but the reality is, you don't know much. You know very little.

You don't know how much money they receive and what they prefer to spend the money on and why they prioritize.

This goes for all levels of government. Furthermore, you are unaware of many other things and policies.

You are entrusting others to decide matters for you.

This would be a little better if all the experts in implementing government where of one view. But obviously they argue and differ with one another.

And also, we don't even know, how reliable is the team the leader we elect is relying on.

Remember WMD's in Iraq.

Anyways, the point is, we aren't in command.

We aren't a democracy. There is no democracy.

We are a republic.

And it would been a little better if was non-partisanship republic, but it's not.

Anyways, personally, I don't trust politicians and I don't think society should either.

That said, if anyone believes in a democracy, they realize for people to make a decision, it should be an informed decision.

This means however the masses need knowledge with regards to how they want to organize society.

In other words, to truly be a democracy, requires the masses to gain detailed knowledge with regards to every matter they want implemented.

In other words, the true path towards a democracy, is a heavy burden on everyone.

In fact, even the president or prime minister doesn't have this knowledge.

They trust others, and consult others they trust...there is a lot of trust going.

Anyways, I realized that the real path to justice and democracy is that where everyone has detailed knowledge and insight with all matters that organize society.

This is really the true path of democracy. Otherwise, there is a lot of blind trust and manipulation.

So now that I realize this, I realize if I believe in a democracy and just society is a worthy goal we should all strive for....

I have to seek this knowledge and skill of organization. And not only that, but then I can't simply get others to trust me with regards to this knowledge but should emphasize they must to acquire this knowledge and skill.

And that we all must.

This is a huge burden. I feel overwhelmed thinking of this hard path to take.

The right path I never thought would be this hard.

Otherwise, we just trusting others to decide matters for us. We don't know if they have wisdom. We don't know how ethical they are. We don't know how logical and good they are at applying reasoning. We don't know if they are part of a hidden agenda. We don't know. We simply trust the system.

A democracy is a heavy burden on society. It means big sacrifice of leisure time to that of learning.

I think people rather trust politicians then take power...if they must sacrifice so much time.

But if you truly believe in a democracy and you want the people to rule, then truly, you do realize you have a huge burden of gaining much knowledge.
RE: The burden of wisdom/enlightenment, being good is too hard!
(May 14, 2013 at 10:35 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Remember before I said ignorance is the best way to live.

If you want to remain happy and live a happy life unburdened with a heavy duty.....then stop reading.

I always knew that reading was the devil. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
@ MysticKnight, Yes we are a republic, but we have a democracy as our way of ruling ourselves. We are able to rid ourselves of the same ones we elect if they do not represent us as we like. This republic has lasted this long and hopefully longer because of the democratic practices we have.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:We are able to rid ourselves of the same ones we elect if they do not represent us as we like.

Actually, we get only a choice of the lesser of two evils because the republicunts keep nominating CRAZY and they are only getting worse.
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him ? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Corinthians 2:9-14 / I enjoy reading your threads, because at times you reach the very limit of worldly reasoning. ps: dont let the foolishness of "christiandom" put you off reading the Epistles of Paul the Apotle, as they are packed full of pearls of sound reasoning, be they in or out of their framework.
Anyone willing to walk with me on this hard path?
(May 14, 2013 at 10:35 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Remember before I said ignorance is the best way to live.

People these days like to feel they are empowered by electing leaders.

The fact is electing leaders, is saying, I trust you to decide matters for me that rule over me and effect everyone I care about.

Of course, this trust is a huge trust. Of course, a few promises are promised, but the reality is, you don't know much. You know very little.

You don't know how much money they receive and what they prefer to spend the money on and why they prioritize.

This goes for all levels of government. Furthermore, you are unaware of many other things and policies.

You are entrusting others to decide matters for you.

This would be a little better if all the experts in implementing government where of one view. But obviously they argue and differ with one another.

And also, we don't even know, how reliable is the team the leader we elect is relying on.

Remember WMD's in Iraq.

Anyways, the point is, we aren't in command.

We aren't a democracy. There is no democracy.

We are a republic.

And it would been a little better if was non-partisanship republic, but it's not.

Anyways, personally, I don't trust politicians and I don't think society should either.

That said, if anyone believes in a democracy, they realize for people to make a decision, it should be an informed decision.

This means however the masses need knowledge with regards to how they want to organize society.

In other words, to truly be a democracy, requires the masses to gain detailed knowledge with regards to every matter they want implemented.

In other words, the true path towards a democracy, is a heavy burden on everyone.

In fact, even the president or prime minister doesn't have this knowledge.

They trust others, and consult others they trust...there is a lot of trust going.

Anyways, I realized that the real path to justice and democracy is that where everyone has detailed knowledge and insight with all matters that organize society.

This is really the true path of democracy. Otherwise, there is a lot of blind trust and manipulation.

So now that I realize this, I realize if I believe in a democracy and just society is a worthy goal we should all strive for....

I have to seek this knowledge and skill of organization. And not only that, but then I can't simply get others to trust me with regards to this knowledge but should emphasize they must to acquire this knowledge and skill.

And that we all must.

This is a huge burden. I feel overwhelmed thinking of this hard path to take.

The right path I never thought would be this hard.

Otherwise, we just trusting others to decide matters for us. We don't know if they have wisdom. We don't know how ethical they are. We don't know how logical and good they are at applying reasoning. We don't know if they are part of a hidden agenda. We don't know. We simply trust the system.

A democracy is a heavy burden on society. It means big sacrifice of leisure time to that of learning.

I think people rather trust politicians then take power...if they must sacrifice so much time.

But if you truly believe in a democracy and you want the people to rule, then truly, you do realize you have a huge burden of gaining much knowledge.

No one should suggest people be blind to who is in power or never question them. But it is absurd to suggest that there can ever be a world without some sort of social government. Government, good or bad, arises out of our species social nature.

The issue is how much ability do we have to keep power in check so it does not become oppressive. I don't want a pure democracy because mob rule by vote is simply another form of dictatorship.

Most westernized nations have system of oversight and separation of powers along with voting. But it is important to burden ones self with politics because by remaining ignorant to the issues you are certainly allowing others to rule over you.
Brian, mob rule without wisdom, can be oppressive. Yet with wisdom, it can possible be not. But republics are oppressive and manipulative for certain. Even if all their laws were out of wisdom and just, it would still be oppressive in that, we are negated our rights from ruling.

All this balance of power talk is really just a mess and way of compromise to oppression and blind trust.

You can count me out of the social contract. When did we all gather and agree upon it? We were just told we agree upon it and are under some social contract.

What a joke. We are a bunch of drones, everyone thinking they are free.
(May 15, 2013 at 3:19 am)goodnews Wrote:

Jerkoff

You need a milk crate or a card-board vest or anything? Just lookin to help.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I feel all alone. Anyone willing to walk with me on this path and call others to walk this path?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 4529 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  Best response to "You are being too bookish and nerdy!"? FlatAssembler 25 3196 April 5, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Let us go back to "cold" hard logic."Time" Mystic 75 11409 November 10, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  My thoughts on the Hard problem of consciousness Won2blv 36 5485 February 15, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Conventional Wisdom Thread Excited Penguin 47 3384 October 8, 2016 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Enlightenment. Heat 1 439 April 20, 2016 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The great wisdom of Poverty TrueChristian 44 5241 January 18, 2016 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Who Has the Burden of Proof? Rhondazvous 10 3527 October 26, 2015 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  Hatred: Too good to give up? Ashground 23 4931 June 21, 2015 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Critical thought is hard urlawyer 56 11262 April 19, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam