Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for the Kids
One for the Kids
This this charming book got my attention.
Amazon: God Made Dad and Mum
best review:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: One for the Kids
Ha. I love reading the amazon reviews of goons who just go on to have a laugh sometimes.

Ever read the reviews of the 3 wolf moon t-shirt?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three...B002HJ377A

Quote:Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

Also This:

[Image: 51bd9TAozRL._SX342_.jpg] sexy
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(May 24, 2013 at 9:04 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three...B002HJ377A

No wai that's Takei as the top commentator.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Burning any book is just wrong, why would you do such a thing.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(May 25, 2013 at 2:01 am)Godschild Wrote: Burning any book is just wrong, why would you do such a thing.
For warmth of course! If the book had interesting ideas in it then it would continue to live in the reader's mind, only a book with ridiculous fairytales would actually cease to exist, and good riddance Clap!
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
For warmth and sustenance is the ONLY reason I would burn a book. I would quite happily start with the Qur'an , Bible, Pentateuch then progress with the governmental laws/ by laws/ and absurdities.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1249 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Get those kids o there! (Theists at Jacksonville try to pray Hurricane Irma away) causal code 20 6364 September 11, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3617 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  3 Kids Murdered Minimalist 62 7582 June 4, 2016 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Is it wrong to teach kids about Hell? TrueChristian 40 6266 December 21, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Faith healers equal dead kids Manowar 39 6349 April 17, 2015 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Goon
  Remember christians, the bible is perfect for kids ;) Lemonvariable72 43 11916 May 27, 2014 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Look, Kids! It's Jesus! Zidneya 4 1828 April 24, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Coffee Jesus
  Big Surprise: Sex And Alcohol Make You Happier Than Kids And Religion, Study Finds Gooders1002 2 2904 May 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
Sad Christian Pastor: God wants you to beat the homosexuality out of your kids Miami_Marlins_fan 3 2984 May 3, 2012 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist