Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! I 'm a newbie. I live in MS. Its a beautiful and frustrating place to live. I married a wonderful man, little over a year ago. We had 2 dogs and 3 cats. I'm studying Philosophy and Religion at college. I love it. I am building up some courage to tell my super christian family that I am atheist. Currently I am reading the Qur'an and adding in notes from the skeptic's annotated Qur'an and different websites. It's fun. If you know any good reading for that let me know. Thank you.
RE: Newbie
Welcome Enjoy the forum
Welcome.

If you identify as both atheist and spiritual, can you clarify what the spiritual part means please?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Haha your going to say I'm agnostic, but Spiritual Atheist sounds much prettier. I am a spiritual person. I love mythology. I love the nature of religion. I love going for long walks in the middle of nowhere and seeing the beauty that is science, but I don't believe in any god. (Why more people believe in one god that many gods has never made since to me, but I think that is for a different forum.) Anyway to me there is an undeniable emotional feeling to life that I can best describe as spiritual. But like I said I don't believe in god, any god. So, hence Spiritual Atheist.
I don't know that I'd call it "agnostic," but I get the feeling - the same sort of thing Walt Whitman wrote about in his poetry, which, while distinctly spiritually bent, oddly enough lent me the support I needed to help admit and revel in atheism.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome to the AF.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome and have fun Smile
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3231 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 809 September 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 906 September 9, 2022 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Lucian
  Hi from a newbie here TrueNorth 16 1197 August 10, 2022 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another newbie:) Agnostic1 7 897 November 18, 2021 at 10:12 am
Last Post: T.J.