Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Motto?
New Motto?
Our current motto is "Absence of belief is not absence of mind". It was originally written by the guy who set the atheistforum.com site up (yes, the same guy who stabbed us all in the back by selling the site without telling me). Anyway, some people have said that this motto isn't really that good for an atheist website, so does anyone have another suggestion?
RE: New Motto?
I've always liked the Voltaire quote, ""If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him." Too bad he was a deist.
Here are a few suggestions just to get the ball rolling..

• An open minded forum for the intensely curious.

• A forum for those who aren't afraid to think for themselves.

• The perfect antidote to the religious virus.

• You don't need fairies at the bottom of it to know the garden is beautiful.

• Abandon superstitious fear all ye who enter.

• Embrace reality and reality will embrace you.

• A forum for those who like the smell of coffee.

• The Lord made me an atheist, who are you to question him?

• Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful.

[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
  • Does what it says in the tin.
  • Discussion without fear of retribution.
  • For people who understand that the Flintstones is not a documentary.
  • Join for the discussion, stay for the lucidity.
  • A little bit of sanity in an insane world.

Can't think of any more.....

Maybe the best 4 or 5 from different members can be polled and then we can pick the best one.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 3, 2008 at 2:30 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Our current motto is "Absence of belief is not absence of mind". It was originally written by the guy who set the atheistforum.com site up (yes, the same guy who stabbed us all in the back by selling the site without telling me). Anyway, some people have said that this motto isn't really that good for an atheist website, so does anyone have another suggestion?

I suggest that whatever is chosen should be as few words as possible to achieve our message. My offering would be:-

" for reason, not superstition "
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
I would personally suggest "Faith has no supporting evidence for its claims".

But that's me...y'know.
"Abandon hate, all ye who enter here"
There's this religious guy that on his site has a motto that says: "It would be a miracle if a miracle didn't happen."

Maybe it would be good to have a motto that was: "It would be a miracle if a miracle DID happen."

haha.

EDIT: Also... a good one would be "Blasphemy is a victimless crime.".
Engage brain before opening mouth
Your daily dose of reason
Intavenous Lucidity
No Gods allowed

and my favorite:
6000 years old? Fuck off!
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Probably too late now but I've thought of one: An atheist is to a theist what unmarked is to marked.