Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Germans Are Coming banned?
The Germans Are Coming banned?
I couldn't find a post in the banning thread to explain why. Just curious as to why he was banned. He seemed like a good member...
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: The Germans Are Coming banned?
http://atheistforums.org/thread-12336-page-17.html

It had to do with his argument with ideologue08 in this thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-19282.html
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
He and Ideologue got into it.
(June 9, 2013 at 8:03 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: http://atheistforums.org/thread-12336-page-17.html

It had to do with his argument with ideologue08 in this thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-19282.html

It had to do with an extended flamewar between the two of them across multiple threads.

The ban is for one week for both of them to cool down and reconsider their approach for dealing with one another.
When you never touch religion threads... it's always a small surprise when people get banned. Off-Topic REPRESENT!

But then we miss some really creative and colorful language, as well as learning opportunities within that subject... maybe I should talk Tiberius into setting up a creative-insult feed so I don't have to waste my time sifting through some 50 pages of religious/atheist worthlessness to find but one gem Thinking

Bet he would never do it.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 9, 2013 at 8:23 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The ban is for one week for both of them to cool down and reconsider their approach for dealing with one another.

Sweet. I was getting concerned for a few minutes thinking,"Oh crap. In less than a month some theist is going to catch me on a bad night with them posting something really retarded and I'm going to freak out on them. I'm totally going to be banned."

Time out is good.

Left to my own devices I tend to act like an intentional dork for cheap laughs. But then people intrude in my life and they tick me off. Sometimes I blurt out in response.

I feel ashamed later on. But shit, there I went again. Good job, Rahul. Really mature.
(June 9, 2013 at 11:54 pm)Rahul Wrote: Left to my own devices I tend to act like an intentional dork for cheap laughs. But then people intrude in my life and they tick me off. Sometimes I blurt out in response.

We are no doubt related somehow.

Big Grin
(June 9, 2013 at 8:23 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The ban is for one week for both of them to cool down and reconsider their approach for dealing with one another.

Which is a bit like a time out chair for them. Tongue

[Image: 51b55092afa96f145c000006.jpg]
We could forget about ideologue, kinda by accident yunno, when the week's up. It'd be absolutely no loss.
While that would be nice the word given to him should kept as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday to Banned Members? Jehanne 5 1214 May 20, 2020 at 6:53 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Can donors be banned? EgoRaptor 88 12401 February 26, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Violet
  A_Nony_Mouse has been banned frz 52 15869 May 15, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Why Was I Banned? BGChuckLee 200 44650 February 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  So when are you getting banned? Napoléon 141 55940 April 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  What is preaching and why is it banned fr0d0 24 8365 October 31, 2011 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  CVA Friend Banned As Known Spammer Knight 6 3124 January 19, 2010 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  G-mark banned? Giff 1 2295 May 23, 2009 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki