Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could you fix this?
Could you fix this?
I notice that with reputations, one cannot discern from which post one has received it. Is there any way to fix this?

Reputations, after all, are more rare than kudos, and it would be nicer to know from which post one received a reputation than a kudo.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Could you fix this?
Reps don't come from a single post, it's given to you directly from other members e.g. via your profile.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

When I rep someone, I click on the "rate" button beneath a certain post that I like.

From what I can understand with reps, one must rep a certain number of other people before repping the same person again. Otherwise, one must change the message of the rep.

That is what I have experienced.
~ Erin Hunter
Actually, you can only rep one member once. If you want to add something new to the message you can, but it won't affect the overall count.

And I've forgotten about the 'Rate' button! I usually use the green (or grey) reputation counter up in the right hand corner of a member's post.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 20, 2013 at 2:38 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Actually, you can only rep one member once.

Still, it would be nice to know from which post one was repped.
~ Erin Hunter
But if people like me don't use the 'Rate' button, then it isn't for one single post, but probably from many that made one decide to give another member a rep.

I use the Kudos button to rate a post .....Undecided if that is any help Maelstrom
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I usually rate someone from their profile.
Kudos are for posts that you like, Reps are for a member that you like, its that simple. The same way you can give only 1 kudos to a post you can only give 1 rep to a user. The rate button below the posts is just a shortcut for convenience. this reminds me that I need to go on a rep spree, I'm so fucking lazy handing them out.
I understand, now. Thanks. Smile
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What have I done and how do I fix it? BrianSoddingBoru4 10 2310 November 19, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
Lightbulb Could someone Explain? Phatt Matt s 6 1462 March 17, 2014 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Operation Let's Fix The Mobile Theme Tiberius 21 5005 March 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Fix the Quote This Post Button The_Flying_Skeptic 11 5281 May 29, 2010 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The_Flying_Skeptic