Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Teachers Teaching?
Why are Teachers Teaching?
Government teachers for the most part are failed professionals, but their job is to teach children how to have a successful career? Does anyone see the problem with this?

With that line of thinking, I could bankroll a weightloss clinic ran by fat people.

Or a financial advice company ran by homeless.

Or a singing academy ran by people that got kicked off the first round of Pop Idol?

Isn't this the textbook definition of narcissism?
RE: Why are Teachers Teaching?
Without teachers, you would not have written this post.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 30, 2013 at 12:54 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Without teachers, you would not have written this post.

I taught myself English. Should I consult you to learn about myself?
Someone certainly taught you language, for without you would be unable to be so snarky.
~ Erin Hunter
(June 30, 2013 at 1:00 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Someone certainly taught you language, for without you would be unable to be so snarky.

What has this got to do with the argument though?
Everything.
~ Erin Hunter
No reason or evidence.

Propaganda : 1
[Image: 5575130.jpg]
(June 30, 2013 at 12:53 am)Koolay Wrote: Government teachers for the most part are failed professionals, but their job is to teach children how to have a successful career? Does anyone see the problem with this?

First off, way to take the "if you can't do, teach" saying to heart. Most teachers aren't failed professionals. They actually wanted to teach. Unless you have stats proving that a larger percentage of teachers are in fact failed professionals you have no ground to stand on. So considering that most teachers in fact want to teach that wouldn't make them failed professionals, that would actually make them successful professionals. And that renders your entire argument invalid.
(June 30, 2013 at 12:53 am)Koolay Wrote: Government teachers for the most part are failed professionals, but their job is to teach children how to have a successful career? Does anyone see the problem with this?
Yes I see the problem. Your first sentence has a question mark and no question. Does that answer your 2nd question, I mean your 1st question?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teaching Dictatorship 101 YahwehIsTheWay 0 507 May 11, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Teaching religion in school tantric 27 2799 January 5, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Teachers Unions explained Koolay 11 2978 July 20, 2013 at 3:43 am
Last Post: MikeTheInfidel
  GOP candidate proposes teaching children a lesson they will never remember Cyberman 13 4484 October 10, 2012 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  UK teachers to find potential terrorists Kyrill 6 2574 February 4, 2010 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Meatball