Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A rational proof of a time of manifestation of judgement (if God is accepted)
A rational proof of a time of manifestation of judgement (if God is accepted)
Granted God's existence is real and is known to be humans to be real and theists are right about it being a being that ought to be worshipped, I think the following can be concluded.

1) God being Worthy of Worship, ought to be Worshipped.
2) This implies recognizing rank of what deserves high rank ought to take place or else we are special pleading God. (ie. if it's healthy for us to worship God, it's also healthy for us to recognize high rank of high exalted beings)
3) Only God knows the rank of people to their exact degrees.
4) If God only knows the rank of people to their exact degrees, only he can manifest people in their exact degrees.
5) Ranks cannot be told or narrated, but must be seen spiritually.
6) A time when exalted people of high ranks will be manifested, and their states and actions and inheritance of their states and actions will be manifested.
7) If all good people will be manifested, then it will follow all evil people will be known at least not to be among the good if they their states are not manifested
8) People less bad then super bad people should not be lumped into the same group as a matter of justice, therefore, it makes more sense that they too would be manifested in their states.
9) Conclusion: all people will be manifested to their states spiritually if we take for granted 1) God exists 2) He is Worthy of Worship 3) He ought to be worshipped (either as a matter of justice or for our own good).
RE: A rational proof of a time of manifestation of judgement (if God is accepted)
what if god just doesn't care? Say god is worthy of worship, but he just doesn't want to be or doesn't care if people do or not? Are you assuming in this scenario that god cares?
RE: A rational proof of a time of manifestation of judgement (if God is accepted)
(July 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: what if god just doesn't care? Say god is worthy of worship, but he just doesn't want to be or doesn't care if people do or not? Are you assuming in this scenario that god cares?

Yeah, I always wondered why anything like a god would want worship. It smacks of vanity and small-mindedness. Neither of which is very god-like nor praise-worthy.
(July 7, 2013 at 2:22 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Granted God's existence is real and is known to be humans to be real and theists are right about it being a being that ought to be worshipped, I think the following can be concluded.

1) God being Worthy of Worship, ought to be Worshipped.

Any god that requires worship would not be worthy of it.

Quote:2) This implies recognizing rank of what deserves high rank ought to take place or else we are special pleading God. (ie. if it's healthy for us to worship God, it's also healthy for us to recognize high rank of high exalted beings)

Bugger that for a game of soldiers, equality all the way.

Quote:3) Only God knows the rank of people to their exact degrees.

equality dude, you know you want it.

Quote:4) If God only knows the rank of people to their exact degrees, only he can manifest people in their exact degrees.

Oh I see, you're making an argument for oppressing people.
Classy.
Quote:5) Ranks cannot be told or narrated, but must be seen spiritually.

I guess there would be a class of people lets call them "priests" who would see the spirituality and assign your place, for the right fee of course.
Quote:
6) A time when exalted people of high ranks will be manifested, and their states and actions and inheritance of their states and actions will be manifested.

What are you on.
Quote:
7) If all good people will be manifested, then it will follow all evil people will be known at least not to be among the good if they their states are not manifested
8) People less bad then super bad people should not be lumped into the same group as a matter of justice, therefore, it makes more sense that they too would be manifested in their states.

Super bad eh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNpoTxeydiY

Quote:9) Conclusion: all people will be manifested to their states spiritually if we take for granted 1) God exists 2) He is Worthy of Worship 3) He ought to be worshipped (either as a matter of justice or for our own good).

Well no to all that.

Just no.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: what if god just doesn't care? Say god is worthy of worship, but he just doesn't want to be or doesn't care if people do or not? Are you assuming in this scenario that god cares?

Well, in the argument I took the following as assumed things:

1) God deserves to be worshipped.
2) God ought to be worshipped.
3) God exists.
4) God is knowable.

I took it if this was the case, then he deserving to be worshipped implied that he ought to be worshipped. The rest of the arguments is used to imply people's ranks will be manifested.

(July 7, 2013 at 4:20 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Any god that requires worship would not be worthy of it.

Well what if doesn't DECIDE the rules. What if the rules of morality are already set in stone, and one of those is that he ought to be worshipped and recognized for his rank. What if he deserves it and is his right?

Quote:equality dude, you know you want it.

What do you mean by equality?

This is what happens when you speedball the good stuff.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You must first define "worship" as my definition most certainly differs from yours...
Worship - compounding the idiocy of wish thinking with the degradation of servility.

What's yours?
Assume nothing. I wouldn't waste my time with something as trivial as worship even if a god made me do it.

I refer you to the Star Trek episode of "Who Cries for Adonais?" Apollo appears before the crew of the Enterprise, and he demands that they worship him.

1. He's a god.
2. He demands worship.

One more thing...he's also a cruel god, but that didn't really matter. Kirk and the others weren't about to get on bended knee and start worshiping this guy, for that would open a whole slew of problems.

Same with me; I won't worship the Christian god or any other such apparition, even if it was good/bad/ugly. I intend to stay independent of anything trivial like worship. If a god really wants to interact with us, then he/she/it should work alongside us towards common goals; we should not press towards its own goals, irrational/rational as they may be.
(July 7, 2013 at 8:11 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Well what if doesn't DECIDE the rules. What if the rules of morality are already set in stone, and one of those is that he ought to be worshipped and recognized for his rank. What if he deserves it and is his right?

Wouldn't that require that there be someone else who decides the rules and has the authority to make them absolute, so that even god is subject to them?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of judgement slartibartfast 7 514 October 12, 2021 at 10:28 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Proof god is a quack! no one 27 2516 January 18, 2021 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1410 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2012 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Rational Theism Foxaèr 17 5286 May 2, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Very short argument for God (another clear proof) Mystic 123 23669 January 26, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Debunking the "God is Beyond Time" xtian response drfuzzy 44 7271 April 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
Video Is the generally accepted version of history a faith based religion? trustyoursources 47 5135 March 25, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
Question Is theism more rational in a pre-scientific context? Tea Earl Grey Hot 6 1553 March 7, 2017 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is Trump absolute Proof that there's no loving god? The Valkyrie 16 3467 February 22, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris