Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Human Powered Helicopter! (Video)
First Human Powered Helicopter! (Video)
Source: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Pushin...story.html

-What allows the 31-year-old to defy gravity is sheer human power, delivered to the craft's four rotors through the bicycle pedals he steadily pumps throughout his flight.

-It's that fragile machine, built by Reichert's Canadian team, which has now won a long-coveted international prize that lay unclaimed for years.

-The winning hand-built helicopter — nicknamed Atlas — is huge, measuring nearly 47 metres across, but also surprisingly light for its size, at just 54 kilograms.
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: First Human Powered Helicopter! (Video)
(July 12, 2013 at 3:45 am)Big Blue Sky Wrote: Source: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Pushin...story.html

-What allows the 31-year-old to defy gravity is sheer human power, delivered to the craft's four rotors through the bicycle pedals he steadily pumps throughout his flight.

-It's that fragile machine, built by Reichert's Canadian team, which has now won a long-coveted international prize that lay unclaimed for years.

-The winning hand-built helicopter — nicknamed Atlas — is huge, measuring nearly 47 metres across, but also surprisingly light for its size, at just 54 kilograms.

I didn't realize a helicopter could fly with propellers only going at that speed. One step closer to doing what Elliot did in E.T.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Awesome!! Smile
Great, more needless crap a company can sell to rich narcissists.
I remember back during the 80's when the first human powered airplane took flight.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4140 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Type your username in youtube/post the first video c172 45 5178 September 24, 2015 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Nine
  My first attempt at a debunking video... ReptilianPeon 7 1119 June 25, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: beat15
  Your first post &/or first kudos Fidel_Castronaut 80 11730 March 17, 2015 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Nope