Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont take that "walk"
Dont take that "walk"
I kind of find this story disturbing:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germ...11451.html

Quote:As a joke, a German man recently invited some friends for a walk around a top secret NSA facility. But the Facebook invitation soon had German federal police knocking at his door. They had been alerted by the American authorities.
RE: Dont take that "walk"
Welcome to the surveillance age.
He should keep an eye for drones lest he be deemed an enemy combatant.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:But the added interest in his invitation meant that some 70 people gathered on Saturday for the NSA safari in Griesheim -- along with two police cars, one in front and one behind.

It's the Streisand effect. If they'd just let it go and not sent the police to his home, we wouldn't even be reading about it now.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Disturbing...I see. But what is it that truly disturbes you? That their secret group on facebook is being monitored? That German authorities are subservient to the US NSA? Or that an NSA facility actually exists on your country, something that I would find disturbing, and actually out of place, if I were a German citizen.

Actually, as an American enterprise, I'm not really surprised that the US monitors facebook. *tinfoil* I believe it is simply a coverup for a database for the CIA *tinfoil*.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I often worry about making jokes like that and getting into trouble. It's a same the authorities can't detect humour.
It just goes to show that you shouldn't put anything online that you wouldn't shout in public.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Plans on going on a legal walk, and the NSA spies inform ze german polizei, who go and investigate.
Just goes to show what happens when you try and exercise* the rights you thought you had

*because he's going for a walk, get it? LOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLCOPTERLOLOLOLOL
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I dont get why Americans are complaining about Monarchy Woah0 0 499 September 10, 2022 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 306 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25949 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 852 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9846 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1895 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  It's funny how the right loves to dish it, but can't take it GODZILLA 3 494 October 22, 2018 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Bill Maher's take on #MeToo Brian37 22 4975 January 23, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: shadow
  Take away money from PP and Food stamps to fund border wall NuclearEnergy 72 13568 July 18, 2017 at 3:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The WLB Effect Is Starting To Take Hold Minimalist 0 591 July 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist