Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portugese example, austerity ruining southern Europe.
Portugese example, austerity ruining southern Europe.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...11154.html

I am by now convinced that the current course implemented by the troika is failing. But unfortunatly it seems like Merkel will be reelected this fall and that the austerity masures for which she pushes will stay in place.

I think countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece should finaly get a bit more free room and do some spending.
RE: Portugese example, austerity ruining southern Europe.
Portugal is getting a boost from companies who value the intelligence of the average Portuguese citizen and from their low salaries.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(July 17, 2013 at 6:59 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...11154.html

I am by now convinced that the current course implemented by the troika is failing. But unfortunatly it seems like Merkel will be reelected this fall and that the austerity masures for which she pushes will stay in place.

I think countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece should finaly get a bit more free room and do some spending.

One might argue that had south Europe been given room and encouragement at the beginning to simply grow their way out of their debt problem, the structural causes would not have been permanently addressed and with the next down turn they would be on the verge of insolvency again.
Tell us something we don't know TGAC, we've been feeling the thick troika cock on our asses for 2 years. I have always said that too much austerity doesn't work. Structural overhaul is needed, but the deadlines are too short. These measures are throwing Portugal into a vicious economic downward spiral.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 594 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Russia is Europe. Kyiv and Moscow should be in the European Union Interaktive 53 4680 December 14, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1159 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Eastern Europe is richer than Russia. Victory Interaktive 4 360 January 14, 2021 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2655 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  So This Is An Example Of What Democrats Are Supposed To Engage Minimalist 11 1788 November 9, 2017 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Trump - Leading the World by Example Zenith 2 525 March 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Is the situation in Europe really this bad? ignoramus 16 2847 December 24, 2016 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Is This An Example Of What Drumpf Means Minimalist 3 648 August 3, 2016 at 1:27 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Texas looks to follow UK's example T.J. 173 14913 June 28, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger