Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atheism a culture or an idea?
atheism a culture or an idea?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture
RE: atheism a culture or an idea?
(July 20, 2013 at 2:59 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

Idea.

What do I win?
I dont know if I should take the liberty to report this thread aswell.

I think I wont, since I am confident that the mods are already dedicating time to my last report.
how is this not a valid topic? anyways,

you win the freedom that you deserve gen! grats.
I would say that there is a culture of atheism, involving drinking a lot of beer and laughing at religion.
beer and laughing at religion are two things i do all the time but im not a atheist because of that. i try to be nice to others too but im not a christian because of that.

what is the government structure of atheism as a culture then?
It's... A lack of belief in Gods.
(July 20, 2013 at 3:38 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: what is the government structure of atheism as a culture then?

Why are we assuming that there is one? "Whats the government structure of theism as a culture?" Uh-huh.....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 20, 2013 at 3:38 pm)christcahinkilla Wrote: beer and laughing at religion are two things i do all the time but im not a atheist because of that. i try to be nice to others too but im not a christian because of that.

what is the government structure of atheism as a culture then?

You seem to be conflating atheism and secularism.

You do a lot of conflating.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
lol like agnostic atheism conflating?

I know but...
I don't know.

the hypocrisy that is flowing through the atheist cult(ure) is the exact same as what i have seen in religion.

the government structure of the theism culture is based on their non-presently-provable dieties and people that have written their books.

there is a government structure in any culture. are you a people that consider yourselves intellectuals and form under the principles of chaos?

is charlie darkwing your leader? your one god? how are you different from theism cultures?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purpose? No idea what it is. Cod 54 7317 November 15, 2018 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27176 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My honest reason for disliking the idea of God purplepurpose 47 6120 December 11, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Athena777
  The Importance of Culture chimp3 1 618 July 18, 2016 at 6:51 am
Last Post: abaris
  Idea purplepurpose 20 2490 May 22, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Do you feel (new) Atheist culture? Alex K 58 15027 July 31, 2015 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is it a good idea to be an atheist? georgesthegreat 116 17721 March 20, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12526 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12165 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  do you believe in the illuminati? what do you think of my idea? leodeo 23 4461 May 27, 2014 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape