Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from newtown, CT
Greetings from newtown, CT
I have come to a corner of the Internet to preach a self evident truth to a godless population! You must accept god or go to- Nawh, I'm just messing with you. I JEST. I'm a 14 year old agnostic atheist from newtown. My parents tried to indoctrinate me by throwing bible after bible at me. I always asked questions that they wouldn't like to answer. I would ask things like "if the earth is only 10000 years old, how come the dinosaurs aren't still around? There's no way they could be killed off by ancient man with ancient weapons." And they'd always dismiss me with "ask god when you get to meet him (heaven)" at a very young age, I saw there was something wrong with the doctrines and ideology of the church, but I always kind of just accepted it because that was the way my parents raised me.
The first time that I really doubted in gods existence was when sandy hook happened. I happened to be in school that day reading to first graders for some community credits to look good in a college application. My sisters friend died that day. God clearly states that if you pray, that you shall receive. Well I prayed, and prayed, and he never came. Since then, I have found more logical reasons to not believe in god other than the emotional loss of a friend. Hopefully you guys will be much nicer and understanding than my parents who have taken away basically everything except my phone, that they can't find. I wonder why, it couldn't be because I have it now could it? So yeah, that's my story. Oh, and I also am an autistic savant. A small portion of my brain that is dedicated to speech is instead used by my brain as extra memory storage and processing power. In exchange, my speech is slurred and I often stutter mid sentence. A small price to pay for more intelligence. Smile
RE: Greetings from newtown, CT
14 huh? I have socks older than you but no matter. You are the future, son.

Welcome.
Welcome. I've got some friends down the road from you in Danbury.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Welcome.

That's a shitty reason to have to question your faith, but life is unbearable if you don't cling to those silver linings.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
What can I say, I was indoctrinated as a child. It takes something out of the ordinary to make me question something. Ever since then, I have made it my job to seek answers at every corner, to question every single doctrine, belief, and ideology know to man. As I said before, i always knew that something was off there, that something was wrong. But when you are taught not to question it, you don't. The loss of my sisters friend was merely a catalyst for my transformation into atheism. Cause and effect.
Very good composition for a 14 year old!

I'm from Seymour, CT but I moved to Clearwater, FL. I would never move back to Connecticut... ever lol
(July 26, 2013 at 10:57 pm)Nightfoot92 Wrote: What can I say, I was indoctrinated as a child. It takes something out of the ordinary to make me question something. Ever since then, I have made it my job to seek answers at every corner, to question every single doctrine, belief, and ideology know to man. As I said before, i always knew that something was off there, that something was wrong. But when you are taught not to question it, you don't. The loss of my sisters friend was merely a catalyst for my transformation into atheism. Cause and effect.

So, you were already questioning things at that point? Do you believe then that it was simply inevitable that you would discard Christianity?

That would make it easier for me, because I feel extreme guilt when I find ways to benefit from a tragedy. I know I shouldn't, because that's how we cope. But I do anyway.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I do not know if I would have ever moved on from Christianity. Trying to decipher the future and what could have or would have been is a matter that is best stayed out of. All that I can say for sure is that someone's death made me truly question my beliefs. I much rather would have liked to remain a blind and ignorant Christian and still have someone I know around. But once the truth is known, you cannot go back. I hold truth above all else. And that means that I would rather believe this horrid truth of atheism; of my finite existence, rather than that of a comforting lie; that I can exist forever. I guess to this day that I have t really coped with it, because it sti doesn't feel like it happened, even though it did. Ironic that after so many months I still cannot truly cope with a friend being gone forever, such is the imperfection of the human brain.

What is with these double posts? It's happened twice already and I've only been here for today :/
Hello young one and welcome to AF! ^_^

As for the double posts, do you use the Quote Button, and the double post is just an appendix of the quote that you forgot to remove before posting?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, youngling.
Can't wait to see what your added "intelligence" can accomplish! Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 775 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1192 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 814 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1295 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1263 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1286 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2798 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 1023 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm