Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your opinion of banana man
What is your opinion of banana man
Ray comfort. I think hes a lieing cheat trying to con guillable people out of their money.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: What is your opinion of banana man
I think he's a dumbass or a very good actor.

Don't have too much sympathy for his victims because you have to actively be a dumbass to fall for his lies.
My opinion?

Wish I could quote him on this: "Oh, an ergonomic dildo!"
He is either very clever or very stupid. There's not much room for middle ground.
I don't think it's a con. So I have to go with the idea of stupid or just very zealous. According to his wiki page he became a minister in his 20s. Seems like a lot of work to con people. Stupid people exist and other stupid people like to nod half-wittedly at their ideas. I think eventually even Ray Comfort admitted that the whole banana video was dumb though.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
hahahaha

Ray Cumfart
He's perpetuating lies, and I think he knows it. The money he makes off his bullshit keeps him from becoming an honest man. What a waste.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
My opinion of Cumfart can be summarised in this way (other than the autocorrected version of his name). One of his trademark sermons is the parachute analogy. Basically, the idea is you're on an aeroplane that's about to crash. Forget wealth, treasure and possessions; the most valuable item you could hope to have is a parachute. And the parachute is God etc etc.

One commentor on the Atheist Experience blog when he trotted out this tired old nag on the show put it beautifully:

Quote:it’s more like he is telling you he will cut the engines, and won’t give you the parachute if you don’t agree to kiss his feet forever. He’s creating the problem and then offering you the solution. Then you look around and realize, he can’t cut the engines, and there was never a ‘chute anyways.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
His mother should have drowned him at birth.

Is that too harsh?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 28, 2013 at 8:58 pm)Faith No More Wrote: His mother should have drowned him at birth.

Is that too harsh?

Mary should have aborted, then asswipes like Comfort wouldn't be an issue. That's assuming Jesus was real, of course, and pink unicorn forbid we travel down that rabbit hole of a discussion here.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1919 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6072 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 14802 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Why Christians can't respect other's opinion? rado84 83 14347 July 15, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  What's your favorite (or the worst, in your opinion) bible passage? renatoab 22 4832 May 2, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Razzle
Video What are your thoughts on G-Man dyresand 18 6938 October 9, 2014 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  What is a 'god'? A poll for anyone with an opinion about what all the fuss is about. Whateverist 51 14443 March 2, 2014 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9478 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  My opinion - origin of the universe? Stucky 140 40874 September 29, 2011 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Erinome