Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ?
To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ?
Based on the Gospel stories etc, who do you think Jesus Christ was?

E.g.

A. Someone who claimed to be the Son of God but was not.
B. A Great Humanist with Moral Teachings like Love Thy Neighbor.
C. A Nice Person who (allegedly) did not intend to found a Religion. 

etc.

It'll be interesting to hear what Atheists about the most successful Founder of a Religion in Human History.

Mohammed is a close second of course, but anyone who knows history sees Christ and Mohammed lived dramatically different lives.

Mohammed married a girl of 6 for e.g. and did many other wrong things. Whereas there is no such sin or scandal in Jesus Christ's Holy Life.
RE: To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ?
A person in a story that was written long after he was dead. In the story miraculous actions/events were attributed to him as well as moral teaching.

Much the same as Superman.

Edit: Welcome to the forum.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
A figment of your imagination.
Mostly, if not entirely, fictional.
How should I know when even Christians can not agree how they imagine Jesus.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Almost all Christians agree Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Probably 2.5+ BN out of 2.6 BN agree about it. That's nearly 100% consensus.

The Apostles' Creed confesses that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Gospel of Mark begins with the declaration that Christ is God's Son.

And near the end of Saint John's Gospel, what does the Apostle write? "These are written that you may believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and by believing [this], you might have Life in His Name". Never be it said that the Apostles didn't know what they were writing nor agree in their Testimony.

They believed they lived with the Son of God, Who came down from Heaven to be our Savior, and they lived and died confessing/witnessing to this Truth.

Not only on paper or on ink, but etched as so great a Truth in some sense needed to be etched, in their own blood - for almost all the Apostles died as Martyrs - and in the history of many nations. Whoever honestly and passionately examines the Great Life of Jesus Christ, and His Lofty Moral Teachings, will find great value there, contrasted for e.g. with some of the vile precepts in the carnal law of Mohammed. For Mohammed claims and believes and acts as if 50+ y.o. men can marry 6 y.o girls etc.
Who gives a shit what a bunch of delusional sheep think?
I don't think Jesus suffered that much. I won't outright say that I don't believe in him, but he was not the son of God, as Christians claim. God would never lower Himself to incarnating as a human, for any reason.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
Then the buybull is incorrect?
(January 6, 2024 at 9:25 am)JJoseph Wrote: Almost all Christians agree Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Probably 2.5+ BN out of 2.6 BN agree about it. That's nearly 100% consensus.

The Apostles' Creed confesses that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Gospel of Mark begins with the declaration that Christ is God's Son.

And near the end of Saint John's Gospel, what does the Apostle write? "These are written that you may believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and by believing [this], you might have Life in His Name". Never be it said that the Apostles didn't know what they were writing nor agree in their Testimony.

They believed they lived with the Son of God, Who came down from Heaven to be our Savior, and they lived and died confessing/witnessing to this Truth.

Not only on paper or on ink, but etched as so great a Truth in some sense needed to be etched, in their own blood - for almost all the Apostles died as Martyrs - and in the history of many nations. Whoever honestly and passionately examines the Great Life of Jesus Christ, and His Lofty Moral Teachings, will find great value there, contrasted for e.g. with some of the vile precepts in the carnal law of Mohammed. For Mohammed claims and believes and acts as if 50+ y.o. men can marry 6 y.o girls etc.

Jesus is a byproduct of a child/young virgin rape.

Can I get an a f’nmen?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4035 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7914 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3041 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3153 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1391 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3349 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2769 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2017 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are you following Trump or Christ? Foxaèr 13 1834 June 29, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8110 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis