Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgin birth in komodo dragon
Virgin birth in komodo dragon
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...ons_2.html
Please leave your thoughts
This piques my interest because nearly every "messiah" in history is born of a virgin.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Virgin birth in komodo dragon
Quote:"I'm not aware of it in a mammal species," he said, "So if you're looking for support for the theory of the Virgin Birth, then I think it's a bit of a long shot."

As a college prof of mine once said..."it wasn't the finger of god that touched her."
(August 30, 2013 at 11:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"I'm not aware of it in a mammal species," he said, "So if you're looking for support for the theory of the Virgin Birth, then I think it's a bit of a long shot."

As a college prof of mine once said..."it wasn't the finger of god that touched her."

I've thought that for a while too, If my girlffriend came to me and said "I'm pregnant and god is the father" I'd be like okay paternity test let's go.

I do not think men in roman times were that dumb either.
The issue is that according to jewish law, mary would have to be killed for not being a virgin if a man impregnated her; giving joseph motive to go along. That is assuming the whole story is not bull, which is unlikely.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
It's a good article but they shouldn't have mentioned virgin mary. It's a science article, it shouldn't even acknowledge the virgin mary claim. The question shouldn't have been raised, the question shouldn't have been answered. Whoever was asked should've snorted.

On the subject of parthenogenesis, it is pretty common, I've known about it for a while, but quite interesting that it's been happening in bigger animals.
Geeky Christians will nut themselves over an immaculate dragon, methinks. I can see the resemblance, too, with all that drooling.
Quote:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Isaiah 13

Maybe these are virgin dragons in Babylon, huh?
Clearly it's the birth of the anti-christ.

Satan = a dragon in revelations.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(August 30, 2013 at 11:40 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...ons_2.html
Please leave your thoughts
This piques my interest because nearly every "messiah" in history is born of a virgin.

So the one true god is a Komodo dragon?

That explains why Komodo dragons weren't cursed with Christianity.

(August 30, 2013 at 11:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

So Jesus was a bastard in more ways than one?

(August 31, 2013 at 2:56 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Clearly it's the birth of the anti-christ.

Satan = a dragon in revelations.

But immaculate conception = son of god, so by transitive property, son of god = satan.
ALL HAIL THE DRAGON GOD!!!
Damn! So interesting! Reading that article made my morning. Incidentally, I'm still drunk from last night.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SpaceX Dragon launch today Alex K 0 668 January 6, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Alex K