Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, This Will Help!
Oh, This Will Help!
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013090...MQV03.html

Quote:Pope Francis on Sunday condemned the use of chemical weapons, but he called for a negotiated settlement of the civil war in Syria, and announced he would lead a worldwide day of fasting and prayer for peace there on Sept. 7.

I'm sure that myriad mobs of murdering muslims will be highly impressed by the pope skipping a meal.
RE: Oh, This Will Help!
He sounds so much more respectable if You remove the parts where He tributes to god, suggests fasting, and suggests prayer. Unfortunately those are built in.
But it worked for Gandhi, so it should work for the Pope, right?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Gandhi ended up shot dead.
Gandhi's civil disobedience also helped to rip a country apart. Fran can't be blamed for this civil war...it's start or in helping it's end. If skipping lunch makes him happy, well, goody gumdrops.
I'm currently fasting from religion...

I'm finding it very satisfying Hungry

Levitate
Even Catholics no longer care what the pope thinks, he really thinks radical Muslims will?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I can just see the Pope sitting there and reading about the situation in Syria, then smacking himself on the forehead and saying "What if we prayed for peace? OMG that would solve everything! Why didn't anyone ever do this BEFORE????"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Gandhi's civil disobedience also helped to rip a country apart. Fran can't be blamed for this civil war...it's start or in helping it's end. If skipping lunch makes him happy, well, goody gumdrops.

Actually Gandhi's civil disobedience lead to the right to rule their own country.
(September 1, 2013 at 1:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013090...MQV03.html

Quote:Pope Francis on Sunday condemned the use of chemical weapons, but he called for a negotiated settlement of the civil war in Syria, and announced he would lead a worldwide day of fasting and prayer for peace there on Sept. 7.

I'm sure that myriad mobs of murdering muslims will be highly impressed by the pope skipping a meal.
Well, its a kind of protest. I guess you're against protests.
I personally think its a nice gesture. However I'm not really too concerned with the deaths in Syria. This is a proxy war, something I do not wish to participate in.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?