Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution and the believers
Bug 
Evolution and the believers
Why is it so hard to get the simply concept of evolution, if you have heard of the phrase "you have your dad's chin" or something that they compare you to your parents, is simple genetics? Evolution is basically a bit more complex and over billions of years. fuck, even flu shots prove evolution, how can these people not smell the bullshit they're being fed?
RE: Evolution and the believers
Hi Macky.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Around here, most are catholics and accept evolution. Creationism is kind of an American thing. They don't believe it, because they prefer to believe their favorite fairytale.
(September 13, 2013 at 3:44 am)LastPoet Wrote: Around here, most are catholics and accept evolution. Creationism is kind of an American thing. They don't believe it, because they prefer to believe their favorite fairytale.
ok. let me say it this way, why do people doubt evolution?
I already answered that.
(September 13, 2013 at 3:44 am)LastPoet Wrote: Around here, most are catholics and accept evolution. Creationism is kind of an American thing. They don't believe it, because they prefer to believe their favorite fairytale.

So you are saying there are very few catholic Americans? I know many times many. Most believe in creation at some level some in both others in evolution.

You do know that Americans are catholics sometimes right?

Creationism is all over the world from the west to the east. In various forms tons of cultures believe in creation myths and fairy tales. Ones country has nothing to do with it. I always use to think that it took a lack of intelligence to believe in those lies but I can show you plenty of doctors and lawyers who believe in god and are not dumb. Sometimes delusion takes a lot of forms in a lot of different people.

Human is human first. The delusion doesn't know a border.
(September 13, 2013 at 3:50 am)Atheist McTighe Wrote: ok. let me say it this way, why do people doubt evolution?
I guess because they want to believe that mankind was created as it is instead of originated from quote monkeys unquote.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

So many of them doubt evolution because they haven't evolved yet.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 13, 2013 at 8:17 am)gall Wrote: So you are saying there are very few catholic Americans? I know many times many. Most believe in creation at some level some in both others in evolution.

Creationism is all over the world from the west to the east. In various forms tons of cultures believe in creation myths and fairy tales. Ones country has nothing to do with it. I always use to think that it took a lack of intelligence to believe in those lies but I can show you plenty of doctors and lawyers who believe in god and are not dumb. Sometimes delusion takes a lot of forms in a lot of different people.

Save your nationalistic pride for someone that cares, there is no need to misinterpret what I've said. There are catholics around here too, that believe in creationism, but there are so few of them and they aren't fighting to get it into public school.
(September 13, 2013 at 9:13 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(September 13, 2013 at 8:17 am)gall Wrote: So you are saying there are very few catholic Americans? I know many times many. Most believe in creation at some level some in both others in evolution.

Save your nationalistic pride for someone that cares, there is no need to misinterpret what I've said. There are catholics around here too, that believe in creationism, but there are so few of them and they aren't fighting to get it into public school.

Maybe you should go reread what you put here until you understand I am not calling anyone out just curious why you felt the need to when this forum area is not about nationalism but rather religion.

I don't really see the point of what you are saying. you blatantly call out Americans for something that HUMANS all do in areas of the world in which Catholics live which is most areas of the first world and even more in the third world such as south America (not so much in africa i would guess).

Please don't misunderstand me I have no ill will and just wonder why you choose to word what you are saying the way you did. It sure seems like an attack on nationality to me.

Most of my country people are idiots, I can understand why you might have this view just not sure why you wrote it like that thinking it would not get a reaction like this from someone?

Oh and don't make the mistake of thinking I care. I don't about most things I do this for fun and I am guessing it gets under your skin in a personal way that it does not to me.

If I offended you I would suggest you survey your own thoughts rather than make accusations.

If you meant something different you should have been more careful in your wording. If I am taking it the wrong way then be more clear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 671 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information How to discuss religion with believers? Scientia 161 15500 February 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3751 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8533 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Why are believers still afraid of death? Der/die AtheistIn 49 4594 March 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1261 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A Thought Experiment for Believers and Atheists Alike chimp3 39 8655 October 11, 2017 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  what believers accept without thinking Akat4891 17 6317 June 14, 2017 at 5:28 pm
  Believers: Book Recommendations for Atheists Crossless2.0 1 1163 July 13, 2015 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Treat believers like six year olds Foxaèr 39 6598 January 22, 2015 at 12:16 am
Last Post: dyresand