Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christianity destroying cultures
Christianity destroying cultures
http://www.thestate.com/2013/11/18/30968...ality.html

Quote:Some people assume Jason Thunderbird prays to eagles. Others are convinced he worships rocks. They seem disappointed, he said, when they learn he spends Sunday mornings reciting liturgical texts from a church pew.

Native American spiritual practices are the source of countless misconceptions, he said. Mainstream society has long viewed American Indians as disciples of Mother Earth, but "all the stereotypical stuff you saw on John Wayne is not real."

"I'm a follower of Jesus Christ," he told Minnesota Public Radio (http://bit.ly/1j5TVIY). "That's kinda what it boils down to, you know."

For America's indigenous people, late 19th century Christianity meant forced assimilation and cultural domination.

I despise Christianity for its insistent determination to destroy other cultures.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Christianity destroying cultures
(November 18, 2013 at 12:24 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: I despise Christianity for its insistent determination to destroy other cultures.
That makes three of us brother!
[Image: crying-indian-o.gif]
Do you despise a male lion killing the leader of a pride in order to take his land?
I don't like it much either but its expected.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(November 18, 2013 at 12:30 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Do you despise a male lion killing the leader of a pride in order to take his land?

Why would you do something as illogical as comparing human behavior to wild animal behavior?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 18, 2013 at 12:32 pm)Kitanetos Wrote:
(November 18, 2013 at 12:30 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Do you despise a male lion killing the leader of a pride in order to take his land?

Why would you do something as illogical as comparing human behavior to wild animal behavior?
Or better yet, why compare instinct to insult?

I don't like it much either but its expected.
Why would you compare instinct with indoctrination?
[Image: Immigration_Cartoon_Indian2.jpg]
All I just meant, is that it's in its nature to do it. Lions kill each other to survive. Christianity kills other cultures to survive.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Xtianity kills other cultures to expand. Spreading their filth is what makes them rich.
(November 18, 2013 at 12:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Xtianity kills other cultures to expand. Spreading their filth is what makes them rich.

Sounds like Islam as well.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(November 18, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: All I just meant, is that it's in its nature to do it. Lions kill each other to survive. Christianity kills other cultures to survive.
Apples and oranges.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6800 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Another example of Christianity destroying culture. Foxaèr 39 6954 February 7, 2015 at 7:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8497 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18329 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)