Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox News: Costco -- The Bible Is Fiction
Fox News: Costco -- The Bible Is Fiction
This article has so much butt hurt, it's hilarious.

Quote:What do the Bible, "The Hunger Games" and "Fifty Shades of Grey" have in common? All three are works of fiction, according to the booksellers at Costco.

Pastor Caleb Kaltenbach made that shocking discovery last Friday as he was shopping for a present for his wife at a Costco in Simi Valley, Calif.

“All the Bibles were labeled as fiction,” the pastor told me. “It seemed bizarre to me.”

Kaltenbach is the lead pastor at Discovery Church, a non-denominational Christian congregation in southern California.

He thought there must be some sort of mistake so he scoured the shelf for other Bibles. Every copy was plastered with a sticker that read, “$14.99 Fiction.”

Article
RE: Fox News: Costco -- The Bible Is Fiction
I've heard of the crazy that is Fox News, but never actually read or seen it. The article is pretty hilarious, if it's true, lol imagine that poor guy going through the bibles checking the labels.
That's exactly what I was picturing, pbb Smile
I saw this on my facebook this morning; first thought in my head "I'ma gonna post on atheist forum and link this".

Bother,
You beat me to it! Tongue

I shared it though, and my comment was

'No Comment'

Here, my comment is different.

Yeah I just cloned that smiley to be able to collectively demonstrate the amusement level I was at when I read the article.
I don't care what they label it; I know what the bible and quran and (insert any religiously based text of take-your-pick religions from random-tack-on-the-map locations) mean. What they inspire, what they teach, what they preach or pray to/for 50 times a day. The books that try and discredit science (all it's types) in direct favor of whatever it is/was they discovered, or had ingrained into them, or have been swaddled with straight out of the womb, are pure nonsense and completely fictional just like Jack Reacher or Song of Ice and Fire series'.

So the question remains, will Costco give the religious freaks their pudding and take the stickers notating them as fiction off?
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
Sad that all I am focused on is the fact they referred to the books being on shelves at Costco.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Hey, Costco got one right for once.

It belongs with the Harry Potter books even though those are better written.
(November 19, 2013 at 11:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hey, Costco got one right for once.

It belongs with the Harry Potter books even though those are better written.

Well religious/history books don't tend to be as riveting as fiction....on Harry Potter, I could at least get through the most boring sections of the Bible unlike that children's book series.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
God needed a stable of editors to keep his story straight.

Too bad he didn't have one.
(November 20, 2013 at 12:15 am)Minimalist Wrote: God needed a stable of editors to keep his story straight.

Too bad he didn't have one.

Was easy enough to find the corresponding evidence outside of the Bible for Kings and Chronicles, the books borrowed from the Annals of the Kings of Judah and Israel that sadly have been lost to history...who knows what we lost in Alexandria.
Pity all those ancient writers can't sue for plagiarism.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Integrity At FOX? Minimalist 5 458 August 7, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ever Wonder Where FOX Trains Its FOX FUX? Minimalist 1 260 June 22, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Fox News Defends Prayer Forced By The State Mechaghostman2 5 415 February 11, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Pervert Predator Bites The Dust at FOX Minimalist 11 2022 September 10, 2017 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Fox News talking head channeling Anthony Weiner vorlon13 8 1343 August 5, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dystopian Fiction Is Selling Like There’s No Tomorrow AFTT47 5 883 March 13, 2017 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Lucifer on FOX Heat 36 7025 March 12, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Pulp fiction intro song (Misirlou) = Loreena McKennitt??? Aroura 10 3806 October 23, 2015 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Utopia (on Fox) c172 14 3794 September 8, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Global Warming: Fact or Fiction? Belac Enrobso 95 14013 January 8, 2014 at 6:37 am
Last Post: Fenix