Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucifer on FOX
Lucifer on FOX
This show is awesome.

I don't have time to give a desc. but check it out.

It's essentially about the Devil, who comes to Los Angeles after getting bored in Hell to gamble, and have sex. He meets a woman and finds himself oddly attracted to her.

Quick FAQ that i'll make up my self:

Does it have some deeper religious meaning? Not so far, and most likely not as both main characters are non-religious.

Does it take religion seriously? No, but the lingering history makes it conceptually much more awesome.

And finally, I think you should check it out because it isn't really religious based, while at the same time being religious based. What it does is take the story in the bible, and run with it, making it's own narrative. It's a comedy for the most part, and i'm really enjoying it so far.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Lucifer on FOX
I assumed this thread was about Bill O'Reilly.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
The show does not captivate my interest.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The humor is great, I'm loving the actor playing Lucifer.

I'm not sure the show has staying potential with most American audiences. Too campy, and not taking religion serious enough for most people, I suspect. The whole cop sidekick is a bit overdone as well. But I'm enjoying the show so far, as I'm a fan of campy humor.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(February 9, 2016 at 2:30 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: I assumed this thread was about Bill O'Reilly.

I spat out the coffee I wasn't drinking.

That was funny. If I was drinking coffee I totally would have spat it out.

Maybe I did have a coffee and spat it out but I'm just hallucinating its absence.
Wait...Lucifer is non-religious? The suspension cable on my willing disbelief just snapped.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 9, 2016 at 4:47 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Wait...Lucifer is non-religious?  The suspension cable on my willing disbelief just snapped.

Boru
I meant in real life.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
Watched the first two episodes a few days ago and enjoyed them thoroughly. The Lucifer actor was in a british show called Miranda with Miranda Heart.
(February 9, 2016 at 4:12 am)Evie Wrote:
(February 9, 2016 at 2:30 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: I assumed this thread was about Bill O'Reilly.

I spat out the coffee I wasn't drinking.

That was funny. If I was drinking coffee I totally would have spat it out.

Maybe I did have a coffee and spat it out but I'm just hallucinating its absence.

Depends on what you put in the coffee.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
I'll check it out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Integrity At FOX? Minimalist 5 459 August 7, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ever Wonder Where FOX Trains Its FOX FUX? Minimalist 1 262 June 22, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Fox News Defends Prayer Forced By The State Mechaghostman2 5 416 February 11, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Pervert Predator Bites The Dust at FOX Minimalist 11 2024 September 10, 2017 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Fox News talking head channeling Anthony Weiner vorlon13 8 1345 August 5, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Utopia (on Fox) c172 14 3801 September 8, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Fox News claims it's a "verifiable fact" that Santa is white. Rev. Rye 14 2827 December 22, 2013 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Fox News: Costco -- The Bible Is Fiction rexbeccarox 12 3805 November 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Tea Party says Fox News is too liberal TaraJo 8 3129 March 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Jon Stewart Shoves The Election Up FOX's Ass Minimalist 5 1927 November 10, 2012 at 6:36 am
Last Post: 5thHorseman