Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunno if anyone else has posted this...
Dunno if anyone else has posted this...
...and bugger me with a fish fork if I'll bother to check, but:

Costco labels Bibles as 'fiction'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Dunno if anyone else has posted this...
Yup.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 21, 2013 at 8:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ...and bugger me with a fish fork if I'll bother to check, but:

Costco labels Bibles as 'fiction'.

Boru

Maybe yes or maybe not, but I've read so much about this lately that I can't remember where all the comments came from.

Fun stuff (the comment sections).
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
I don't understand the hub-bub. Costco finally got one right.
Quote:I don't understand the hub-bub. Costco finally got one right.

Well, strictly speaking, the Bible isn't fiction. It isn't true, but it doesn't qualify as fiction.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else just drop religion with a snap of the finger? PookieNumNums 21 2500 July 16, 2020 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Gnomey
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 7013 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2358 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and couldn't help but laugh GODZILLA 28 5005 March 23, 2018 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
Question Does anyone else feel disgusted by religious words? Der/die AtheistIn 63 11564 January 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell? brewer 27 5619 May 8, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: emjay
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3381 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website? Whateverist 16 3051 March 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Nuda900
  As with everything else, Christians are hypocrites about free speech. Ryantology 5 2261 December 28, 2013 at 5:03 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  When all else fails .... just make crap up! Marnie 13 4294 August 29, 2012 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Cato