Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I poise a question.
I poise a question.
My question is simple, from my understanding that god is good and basically all good things are of god. However, the problem with this is, the one who is saying god is good is god himself. So how do you know that god is not lying?
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: I poise a question.
(November 22, 2013 at 1:24 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: My question is simple, from my understanding that god is good and basically all good things are of god. However, the problem with this is, the one who is saying god is good is god himself. So how do you know that god is not lying?

Because He has been extremely good to me, and why I have no idea other than to say somehow He loves me.

Ever Grateful To Him,

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 22, 2013 at 1:48 am)Godschild Wrote: Because He has been extremely good to me, and why I have no idea other than to say somehow He loves me.

Ever Grateful To Him,

GC

But you have no evidence he exists. How do you know it isn't Zeus who loves you?

Also, you don't poise a question, you pose a question.
Thanks for the grammar correction, I am working on it I promise I been out of school so long. I have trouble with it sometimes. That is nice and good GC and thanks for an honest answer I appreciate it. However, how do you know it is real and not a trick?

(November 22, 2013 at 1:48 am)Godschild Wrote:
(November 22, 2013 at 1:24 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: My question is simple, from my understanding that god is good and basically all good things are of god. However, the problem with this is, the one who is saying god is good is god himself. So how do you know that god is not lying?

Because He has been extremely good to me, and why I have no idea other than to say somehow He loves me.

Ever Grateful To Him,

GC

So if he suddenly stopped being good to you, you would stop believing?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
He's God. It's not like He needs to lie to make what He wants happen.

"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me ..."
-- Emo Philips
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 22, 2013 at 3:42 am)Avodaiah Wrote: He's God. It's not like He needs to lie to make what He wants happen.

How do you know?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I find it funny most Christians will argue with elaborate logical arguments with all these fancy names. But this question is a basically has only one answer that is faith, thus defeat the entire crux of any argument, unless you can prove god real intent. Which apparently according to his book he says not to do.....am I the only who finds this strange and suspicious? I might not articulate elaborate arguments or use fancy wording, but I think it is interest what questions apologists choose to debate. I not meaning that antagonistic I merely observing the responses to this thread vs other (granted the obvious misspelling of my title), thank you adhd for that one.

(November 22, 2013 at 5:44 am)Stimbo Wrote:

"I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me ..."
-- Emo Philips

"It's not a toomah."
-- Arnie

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]