Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are xtians so gullible?
Why are xtians so gullible?
Our subject is Mike Warnke, author of the Satan Seller. This book describes Mike’s wacky adventures during his time attending a community college in San Bernardino, California. And this is the book that set the stage for the satanic panic.

In the novel, Mike describes going to college in which he is introduced to a witch’s coven and then rose through the ranks to become a high priest of an international satanic conspiratorial cult. Warnke then enlisted in the military, went to Viet Nam where he was “saved.” The Satan Seller, in a nutshell, is the saved-sinner scenario. It’s a book-length Chick tract. Within the Christian sub-culture Warnke made quite a name for himself. The popularity of the book launched a lucrative career for Mike as a stand-up comedian. Then in 1992 the publication of an article, an investigative report on Mike Warnke’s real history, toppled his whole gig. It turns out that the story, which Warnke claimed to be true, was all a steaming pile of shit.

In the 80s Warnke had a tremendous following of true believers -- why?

Why can't they see that not just the ones who got caught -- but the conmen who have not yet been exposed like Ken Ham and Ray Comfort are just as sleazy and dishonest?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
RE: Why are xtians so gullible?
It comes from being told that snakes can talk and certain trees are bad for your health...and believing both.

Some people are too fucking stupid for anything but religion.
Why are atheists such cocklepers? Generalize much?
Dammit. I've attended three universities in my life, and I'm currently auditing courses at a fourth. No one ever invited ME to become a Satanic priest.

I feel so used. *sobs a little*

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 27, 2013 at 10:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It comes from being told that snakes can talk and certain trees are bad for your health...and believing both.
Is that where the snake oil salesman myth comes from? Wink
Thanks for being Exhibit "A" Chad.
(November 28, 2013 at 8:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Dammit. I've attended three universities in my life, and I'm currently auditing courses at a fourth. No one ever invited ME to become a Satanic priest.

Boru

So unused, surely.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(November 28, 2013 at 8:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Dammit. I've attended three universities in my life, and I'm currently auditing courses at a fourth. No one ever invited ME to become a Satanic priest.

Boru

At the beginning of the "satanic panic" era I did consider it possible that there may have been some underground satanic cults operating. But then, later, it got so blown out of proportion. By the time Geraldo and them started "exposing" these cults with the testimonies of "former members" it was clear that the whole thing was a pile of shit.

By that time I had been around and met all kinds of people from all walks of life -- I did not suspect that any of them might be some maniacal satan-worshiper.

Some people still believe Warnke. I have read the reviews of The Satan Seller on Amazon and there are those who are insisting that Mike was telling the truth. The man still has a ministry -- just a shadow of what it was back in the 80s. Warnke himself has never admitted that the whole thing was made up.

Today we have David Barton -- hi book on Thomas Jefferson was pulled from publication by a xtian publisher because it is full of obvious lies. Yet -- it didn't even phase the true believers.

Boggles the mind -- why do some people feel the need to believe bullshit?

Why?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
(November 28, 2013 at 9:56 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(November 27, 2013 at 10:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It comes from being told that snakes can talk and certain trees are bad for your health...and believing both.
Is that where the snake oil salesman myth comes from? Wink

It must work. I've never seen a rusty snake.Wink Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 28, 2013 at 2:30 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(November 28, 2013 at 9:56 am)pocaracas Wrote: Is that where the snake oil salesman myth comes from? Wink

It must work. I've never seen a rusty snake.Wink Shades

Is that really the reason why?

Wow. I never knew that!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3139 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1372 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2424 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  No Surprise, Here. Xtians Are Full of Shit. Minimalist 5 1199 August 4, 2017 at 12:31 am
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13371 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  A challenge to xtians persuade me dyresand 47 10735 September 4, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Fuck Off, Xtians! Minimalist 94 20633 July 27, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Xtians Celebrate Hitler's Birthday ThomM 7 2531 April 21, 2014 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Aractus
  This Should Piss Off Some Xtians Minimalist 7 2781 April 7, 2014 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dipshit Xtians Lose Their Minds Over "Noah" Minimalist 26 5501 March 29, 2014 at 5:47 am
Last Post: jesus_wept